Saturday, April 29, 2006

Beware of what goes on the desk

I should be at the gym right now. I had planned to go to the gym at 3pm today, it's after 3:30 and I'm blogging. Am I happy to be sitting in a quiet house, while the kids sleep, wearing my slippers and sitting on my lazy boy while I bitch about my day? I'm thrilled.

On Thursday, I made a list of things that I wanted to do and buy while I was able to run errands yesterday. I always forget something so I did what every women's magazine tells you to do, and I made a list. A good one, I thought. I left it on Brian's desk, which sits in our living room. The next day I went to get my list and I noticed chocolate from a low fat fudge bar and pasta sauce on his desk. I'm thinking he was just waiting for his wife, Alice, to come clean it up. (she did, by the way) Then I noticed my list.

I did call him at work and let him know that his fudgesicle crapped on my list. AND that I took a picture of it AND that I had to blog about it and he just laughed. I want to be a man.

Sometimes, it doesn't take too long after waking up to realize that you should go back to bed and put the covers over your head until the next day. Today qualifies as such a day. Anna woke up at 8am, which is early for her, I said to Brian "I just wanted to sleep until 9 o'clock today." Being the good husband he is, he turned both of the monitors off and got the girl and fed her breakfast.

I woke up at 9:47. It felt so good to sleep in. I jumped out of bed when I noticed the time, peed, took all of my medications and opened my bedroom door. I felt like I had just opened the doors as an employee at Wal-Mart at 5am the day after Thanksgiving. My children immediately started running towards me while screaming "MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY!!" as soon as I opened the door, as if they were so happy to get away from this man, who was apparently burning them with his cigarettes. (no, he doesn't smoke) I did love this reaction, so I sat on the floor and ate it all up. Anna was hugging me, Noah was leaning against her back hugging her and trying to hug me. The moment was ruined when Brian asked, from another room, "of all of the things in our house, what would be the worst thing to be broken?" I replied "I don't know, what broke?!!?!?!" he replied "what would be the worst?" I was so irritated and so panicked "Brian, just tell me what is broken" I asked, errrr, I mean, I yelled. "The TV." Yep, our four year old TV is broken. It just won't turn on. We unplugged it for four and a half hours and it still won't work. It's moments like these that I feel like I should return to work, financially this sucks. But, it could be worse, it could be our car. (Hurry, go back to bed)

We decided to leave the house for awhile, I had a ton of returns to make and we wanted to get Noah's haircut. We also decided to "treat" the kids to eating in at McDonalds. I know, we're fancy. We got to McDonald's and I had to decided to not order anything since I wanted to save my points and eat at home. That was sooo hard. Truly, too hard. All I could think about were Big Macs. It's amazing how the smell of a Big Mac can cause you to think as if you are intoxicated and somehow you can talk yourself into getting an ice cream cone. Yep, I sure did. Brian went to the counter to order three kiddie ice cream cones. Mine was not so kiddie, it was quite adulty, huge, in fact. So, while Brian was positioning the newest tray on our table it knocked over Noah's chocolate milk and my entire cone plopped on the floor. A sign from God, I am sure of it! Here's a picture of my leg after the incident. This leg still had to go to 2 other stores, in fact, I'm still wearing this leg right now. (there is still time, go back to bed.)

The hair cut wait was too long, but we are going tonight after dinner.


Last Monday I won the most perfect dress on Ebay for our cruise next week. I love it, it's beautiful. I actually feel triumphant that I won. Well, today I opened the mail in the car on the way out and opened a letter from our old, unused bank. It was an overdraft notice. Apparently Paypal pulled the money from that account from my Bidding TRIUMPH on Monday, rather than the debit card I had punch in for that very transaction. Obviously, it was my error, but why am I getting charged THIRTY FOUR DOLLARS because they "paid" my transaction. Not just $34, but also $6/day. So this dress that should have cost me $65, will now cost me $130. I'm feeling so triumphant anymore, in fact, perhaps I should start looking for a job now. (I said go back to bed, dumbass.)

Here are some random pictures.
Me, down 26.4 lbs.
Anna with the mask she made at the gym.
My baby girl sleeping. I adore this picture.
Noah reading at the table. He often wears his blanket over his head.

7 Comments:

  • At 4/29/2006 10:07:00 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    Dear god you look amazing.. Beth you look so wonderful.

    Your amazing.

    Sorry about your bad day. If you lived closer you could have our back up tv. :(

     
  • At 4/29/2006 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Okay, I'm going to start by saying you look absolutely stunning. Amazingly beautitul (even with the chocolate milk-stained jeans!). WOW! Even younger than last picture!

    What a freaking day! What's up with the TV? That happened to us a few years back except the TV was about 8 years old. There was no picture, only sound. We were too poor to replace it at the time, so we just used my little 21". About 3 weeks later the damn TV miraculously started working again. Shew.

    I ate a fast food bacon cheeseburger today. Yep. It's the first one I've had in months. I'll probably blog about it later.

     
  • At 5/01/2006 06:33:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Beth, you look amazing!! I mean WOW!! Your face just glows! I can't believe you are down 26+ lbs already!! I am just stunned by all of it. Does everyone around you see what we do? Gosh I hope so.

    Sorry about the bad day. YIKES!! I would have wanted to go back to bed also. The list had me laughing. The phone call to Brian was even better. That is something I totally would have done to David. I hope yesterday was better.

    Hey and what is up with the glass of water and your pocketbook? Do you actually leave the house with a glass like that? How very daring of you! I need to make sure there is a top on anything that I bring with me.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 02:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look freaking amazing Beth! Seriously, you are ALMOST inspiring me (as I sit here at the computer drinking a diet Pepsi and eating...M&Ms) And we have gone through 3 televisions (and not cheap ones either) in 10 years of being together. That is our "cursed" household item.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 07:12:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Oh my girl needs a HUG!!!!!

    HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG

    I gave you an extra big one.

    I swear the grass is always greener on the other side. I know!
    We will take turns working!! That would be awesome! :) Wouldn't that be cool?? You work a week...I work a week...and we split the money?? Oh yeah that rocks! And while the other one works...the other one watches the kids! Awesome! (But I am so NOT doing Anna's laundry! hahahha!)

    I hope your TV has a warranty! Hugs! (did I mention I miss you?)

    For the life of me I can't remember our ltn board!!!! Ahhh!!! Hopefully I remember soon. Tell everyone I miss them!

     
  • At 5/02/2006 07:13:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Oh totally forgot...DAMN GIRL!!! You are looking pretty damn good! WOW! You are smokin hot. WOW!

     
  • At 5/09/2006 02:22:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Beth! I would never had thought you had an extra 26+ pounds to lose, but you sure look wonderful without it! You go girl!

    I loved all the random pics and even the splotched note and jeans made me smile. Not because it happened, but because I would have taken pictures and blogged about it too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting