Monday, April 24, 2006

Blame it on the hormones

I take Seasonale, the birth control with only four periods a year. My doctor and I chose this particular birth control method because I have endometriosis and the less periods I get, the better I am. I am due to get my period next week. It's rarely on time, but I swear my hormones are going crazy.

I'm incredibly moody. Completely on edge. I have NO patience, whatsoever. Patience is the most important ingredient when you are a mom, and without patience, I'm cooking up a whole lot of trouble. I just want to eat. I have had my worst week so far since joining WW on February 8th. Today was the first day I stayed on track. And I have two pimples with one more on the way, despite my skin care efforts and I'm getting a canker sore. I also have a cold. Life is bliss right now. I took a three day break from blogging. Did you notice? I was too tired and too negative. (don't get me wrong, I'm still negative, I just want to blog about it now.) Oh, I almost forgot, Anna is sick, too. I haven't been to the gym since Thursday. One bad thing about bringing the kids to the gym during my matinee hours is that if the kids are sick, I just can't go.

Today, in an effort to distract my mind and belly from food, I decided to reorganize my closet. I am fortunate enough to be at a point that 75% of my clothes are just too big. I have been buying new clothes, but they haven't a home because my closet is filled with my older, larger clothes. So, I removed EVERY piece of clothing from my closet and went through every piece. I tried on everything I was unsure of. It was good, really good. I know what you're thinking, what if I gain it back? I won't. :-)

I then continued to clean out my awful, dirty, disorganized closet. I decided to take the kids to Wal-Mart to buy containers to fill to go under my bed. Let's just say, a project like that is really difficult to do when you're with a 2 and 3 year old with no help and little naps. At this point, it's not completely finished, but the end is in sight!

I really hope tonight, while I sleep, the Patience Fairy sprinkles her patience dust all over me. I need it. I'm feeling so bad about things right now. And I shouldn't feel this way, but I can't help it. hormones hormones hormones. Right?

Next week Brian and I leave for our four night cruise to Mexico and tomorrow night we are shopping for new summer clothes! Those four nights are just what we need! If the Patience Fairy doesn't show up tonight, she's bound to be on the cruise with us!

P.S. Notice I'm due to start my period while on the cruise.
woe is me.

7 Comments:

  • At 4/25/2006 06:41:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    There are days I need that patience fairy!! How exciting that your trip is coming up. Sorry about the period. I always tend to get it on vacation. It just isn't right! I hope Anna is feeling better soon. You too!!

     
  • At 4/25/2006 07:15:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    ohhh Beth I just want to give you a big HUGE hug. Your going to have a great time to the cruise. My children where evil yesterday day. I swear the nicer I was to them the worse they got.. Abby had no nap and Sam wanted one it was just horrible.

    I hope you feel better today and have a good food day . I will be thinking about you.

     
  • At 4/25/2006 09:31:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Ok girl...looks like you could use one of these....

    HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG

    I want my Bethie back! Damn those stupid hormones! And of course I noticed you didn't blog! I love reading them..and my days have been sad without them. :)

    Your cruise is so soon! AWESOME! (I was on my period on my HONEYMOON cruise! I so feel your pain!)

    HUGS AGAIN!!!

    I hope everyone feels better and FAST! hugs! hugs! hugs!

     
  • At 4/25/2006 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Oh Beth! I think you and I are secretly connected somehow! I've been running short on patience too and this week is not really a good week for it since BJ is now at home full time! Poor kid would probably rather be at daycare. . .

    I also went and bought a ton of bins at Target yesterday. I'm on a major cleaning and organizing festival right now. I think it helps to deal with the loss of patience. At least I can control something, even if it's only the clutter in my closet. . .ho hum.

    I can't believe your cruise is coming up so fast! How exciting! And your going to look great in all of your new clothes, skinny girl ;)

    Wooooooohooooooooo! Watch out Mexico, Beth the hot mama is on her way ;)

     
  • At 4/25/2006 02:01:00 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    oh and Beth I say you leave brian at home and take me.. :)

     
  • At 4/25/2006 02:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How did I miss you are headed for Mexico next week? That's AWESOME!!!!!! Giving you some patience dust....

     
  • At 4/26/2006 12:18:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Damn hormones! Big hugs, Beth! My mom struggled with endometriosis and I remember she was tired 2 weeks out of every month. What a blessing you can alter your cycle with modern medicine. (Perhaps I should look into that...)

    How awesome that you got to purge your closet and enjoy some shopping and organizing therapy!

    I hope the cold and the hormonal phase passes quick so you can be back to enjoying life and that cruise! Can't wait to hear about it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting