Thursday, April 13, 2006

Oprahsuaded

Do you remember a few weeks back when I told you about my friend Amy, from high school, whose husband created the word Oprahsuaded?

To quote from their website on the word:
O·prah·suaded
tr.v. To persuade someone, most likely a woman, into believing, buying, eating, reading or doing something that Oprah says is good.
Example sentences:
"You bought the latest Oprah's Book Club book? You are so oprahsuaded."
"You want to see what movie? You are so oprahsuaded."
"You got a car? She got a car? They ALL got a car?....Oprahsuasion."

WELL, Mike, Amy's husband has entered his word into a contest, so please click here and vote for this fantastic word and help Mike win!

5 Comments:

  • At 4/14/2006 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    It's winning! And well it should--the only other one I liked was the Bangla-lore one, and I'm not sure that that's really very PC, ya know?

    Anyway, I think Oprahsuaded is going to be SO it!

     
  • At 4/14/2006 02:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks so much, Beth, for your support of Mike's word. He wants to win the contest for the recognition, I guess. Ooh...maybe we can get on Oprah, yeah right. I can't even get tickets, unlike SOME people!

     
  • At 4/14/2006 07:22:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I jsut voted! It is winning at 117. The next one is at 103!! Yippee!!!

     
  • At 4/15/2006 09:29:00 AM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    I voted and he's still winning!!! What does he win? Big prizes? Lots of cash? I think he's a genius!!

     
  • At 4/17/2006 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Am I an idiot? I can't figure out how to vote. Maybe its ended??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting