Monday, April 10, 2006

Somewhere out there

I realized today how appropriate the theme song is to American Tail in regards to my situation with my dear, Fievel.

I feel incredibly blessed today. I woke up early to see Brian off on his limo ride into work. (I will blog about that tomorrow) Came back into the house, this was at 7:30 am to hear Anna talking and singing. I invited her to lay in bed with me and we laid there until 8:15 am. Noah woke up, the kids ate breakfast, I arranged childcare for the gym and then my sister (younger sister, Sarah, in Louisville) called to tell me that she found a used Fievel on Ebay and that she bought it for me. I couldn't believe she did such a wonderful thing! (well I can believe it, because she's that incredible!) When I came back from the gym, my dear friend Sara had e-mailed me. She found Fievel on-line, she wanted me to verify that this was in fact my Fievel before she bought it for me. THEN, I got an e-mail from Tracy, who actually has this very Fievel in her house and was more than happy to send it to me. These acts alone meant so much to me. And the comments on my blog, I swear I am blown away. I truly did not expect anyone to comment, it proves to me that I am surrounded by amazing, caring people.

Well, for those looking for a Fievel update, my brother in law got to the hotel late in the afternoon and drove to the dumpster and saw the dumpster was fenced in. He walked up to the locked gate and it was unlocked! He opened the dumpster to find HUNDREDS of white plastic garbage bags. It never occurred to me that everything would be in garbage bags! duh! So, he walked into the hotel, talked to an employee, and they checked out the lost and found. Minutes later, Mike (my bil) called Sarah and said "does Fievel have a red shirt, a belt, a scratched off eye and big floppy ears?" She said yes. He said "I got him." Can you freaking believe it?!!??! I get my Fievel back!!!!

Now my immediate reaction was, of course, pure happiness and disbelief, but my second emotion was "wtf? Why didn't they check the lost and found yesterday?" But, my sister pointed out that it wasn't in the lost and found. It could have been in one of the cleaning person's carts, it's could have been anywhere, but at the point of my calling, it wasn't there. Either way, before I know it, I'll have not one, but two Fievels!

Between that and being surrounded my such amazing friends and family, could life be any better?

8 Comments:

  • At 4/11/2006 01:36:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Beth, I have been thinking of you and Fievel (and his theme song) all day! I fell asleep in the LaZBoy before I could email or comment last night. I was looking for, but couldn't find any Fievel-themed e-cards out there.

    My heart was hurting that you lost something so meaningful to you. I am thrilled to hear that YOUR Fievel is indeed found!!!! WHOOHOOOO!!!! You must be so relieved! Someone knew that he would be missed! So glad you will be reunited soon!

     
  • At 4/11/2006 06:45:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Somewhere out there
    beneath the pale blue sky
    someone's thinking of me
    and loving me tonight


    OK...all coming from memory. You know we love you girl! The words to the song are PERFECT!!! I am SO GLAD you got your fievel back!!!! And now you have a back up too! Plus your fievel will hold even more special memories-friends and family coming to your "rescue". So tie that Fievel to you girl! :) Seriously..we would do anything for you. :)

    LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 4/11/2006 08:06:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!! I am so glad you got your Fievel back!! That is just awesome!! You know we are there for you!! I just couldn't believe when I read your post that I would be able to help you out. What a relief for you.

    I can't wait to hear about Brian's limo!!!

     
  • At 4/11/2006 08:58:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    OMG Beth I am over joyed for you. I knew he had to be there.. I was signing that song for you yesterday (seriously) I was sitting there remembering my Fievel I had as a teenager (he is long gone do to my mother moving out of my childhood home).

    I am so glad you got your special friend back.

    You have amazing family who ware willing to go dumpster diving for you. Again I am so glad they found it.

    Ok now any tips on how to get the song out of my head.

     
  • At 4/11/2006 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    Horray - A happy ending! I am very happy everthing turned out for the best. I bet Fievel can't wait to be back in your arms and you in his. Time to do the happy dance!!!

     
  • At 4/11/2006 01:12:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    I'm so happy that Fievel is finding his way back home!! That's wonderful news!!

    Congratulations! And major kuddos to your BIL that was willing to dig through the trash for you ;)

     
  • At 4/11/2006 02:10:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    Yippee! I just knew that it would be found! I was thinking of the theme song too as I read your previous post. Whatever marketing tactics they used for that movie OBVIOUSLY worked on our generation!

    BTW--I'm a peacemaker soul--thus the reason why we get along so well, I suppose :-)

     
  • At 4/12/2006 06:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HOORAY!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting