Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm so confused!

Here is why I am confused. Often times I find myself thinking to myself or saying out loud "I need a break. I need a weekend away." This weekend, Brian and I are going away for the weekend without the children and I'm so anxious and sad about it that I can hardly stand it. The good news is that we are helping my sister move, so we will be incredibly busy. The other piece of good news is that they will be with their grandparents at our house, all of these things are just good. Good for everybody. What the hell is my problem? I'm a creature of habit, I think most of my problem is that I can't stand breaking my habits OR my children's habit. Live and let live. Before I know it, we'll be back, cuddling with the babies again. I can't wait. I have until naptime tomorrow to spend time with the babies, too. In less than a month Brian and I are going on a cruise without the children--am I going to make it?? :-)

On to other news. Noah was a very late communicator. He has made amazing progress these past couple of weeks. This morning he said "I want breakfast, please." Clear as a bell. Makes my heart sing. Yesterday, I was on the phone with my sister when Noah climbed up on my lap, hugged me so tight and said "I love you." Makes my heart swell. Yesterday, I took both of the kids to my WW meeting for my weigh-in. While we were in line, Noah turned to Anna, grabbed her hand and said "hold my hand, Anna" and she said "okay." There they stood, holding hands. Makes my heart explode!!!!

And more news. As most of you know, my darling husband works in Chicago. Typically he takes the train, but occasionally, about 1 time per week, he would drive in. Well, the main expressway, the Dan Ryan, that takes us into the city is under a ridiculous amount of construction. So much so that they ask you to take alternate routes altogether. Seven lanes down to three. Eight lanes total, are closed. Every news channel is reporting about, every newspaper is writing about it and every radio station is talking about it. And this will last 2 more years. The construction started this past Monday. grrrr..... Well, Brian heard a promotion on a radio station, Q101, a contest to those who are effected by the construction. The winner gets a ride into work and back home in a limosine. HE FREAKIN' WON THE CONTEST! A limo is picking him from our home Monday morning and dropping him off Monday night. Oh, and beer will be served on the way home! Isn't that crazy?! You know I'll have pictures Monday night! Anyway, that was our excitement today!

A weight watcher update: 22.2 lbs.

I'll blog witcha later. Have a great weekend!

7 Comments:

  • At 4/07/2006 06:43:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Beth, I feel your pain about leaving the children. I absolutely hate doing it also. REmember Vegas, that was so hard for me! My mom stayed at the house to take care of them which is the best possible thing, but I still felt awful leaving them. Other people have no problem, so why can't we? I don't have the answer. Enjoy your time if you can and keep busy!!

    On the Noah front, my heart was bursting for him also. Timmy had the same problem. I actually have speech for him and he is talking our ear off. I am so proud so I understand.

    Ok, so you know I need pictures of Brian!!! That is very cool!!!! Don't you wish you could go into Chicago for the day with him?!

    Just had to write that my word verification is ltnzoovs...Is LTN following us?

     
  • At 4/07/2006 08:46:00 AM, Blogger Mich said…

    I am feeling your confusion!! I'm working on enjoying each moment for what it is--nothing more, nothing less, never to be repeated again.

    Did I tell you Noah said, "Hi Shell" on the phone last week at my mom's?!?! I was estatic:-)

    Can't believe Bri won!! How incredibly cool!! Can't wait to see pics.

    Enjoy your weekend...and know that Monday will be good too when you are back home!

     
  • At 4/07/2006 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    OH that is soo funny about the limo.. I hope Brian enjoys himself. :)

    I have a hard time leavig the kids. I enjoy my alone time but they are part of me and I worry about stupid stuff, what will they be eatting, will thier teeth be brushed good.. Will they get thier stories and will they be good.

    Enjoy your time away the homecomings are soo sweet. I am so excited about your cruise in a few weeks.

     
  • At 4/07/2006 03:55:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    It's getting easier and easier for me to leave BJ for a night or two. But then again, I've never been away for more than a night or two at a time! I think Vegas was the longest and furthest I've been!

    You'll be fine! And I know they are in excellent hands! Right?!

    I am so freaking happy for Brian!! How freaking cool will rolling up to work in a limo be? And then rolling home in one popping a brewski! Bad Ass!!!! Tell him he better dress the part on Monday! I'm going to start calling him Trump Jr.!

     
  • At 4/15/2013 03:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…


    I am hear to testify to the world that i just found a real spell caster who has help me bring back my happiness by helping me get my ex husband back after two year ; I have been to many places but all to know avail ,but when i made a contact with DR stone he promise that i should stop worried that he will cast a spell that we make my ex husband come back to me immediately, realy he do my ex husband come back to me with so much love and apology i must thank shamuultimatetemple@gmail.com who has play a vita part in my life making me a great person and the must happiest woman on earth you are a great man who is bless by God with traditional love spell caster, please i will advice you if you are having a problem with your relationship contact him shamuultimatetemple@gmail.com your problem will be solve

     
  • At 4/15/2013 03:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…


    I am hear to testify to the world that i just found a real spell caster who has help me bring back my happiness by helping me get my ex husband back after two year ; I have been to many places but all to know avail ,but when i made a contact with DR stone he promise that i should stop worried that he will cast a spell that we make my ex husband come back to me immediately, realy he do my ex husband come back to me with so much love and apology i must thank shamuultimatetemple@gmail.com who has play a vita part in my life making me a great person and the must happiest woman on earth you are a great man who is bless by God with traditional love spell caster, please i will advice you if you are having a problem with your relationship contact him shamuultimatetemple@gmail.com your problem will be solve

     
  • At 4/15/2013 03:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…


    I am hear to testify to the world that i just found a real spell caster who has help me bring back my happiness by helping me get my ex husband back after two year ; I have been to many places but all to know avail ,but when i made a contact with DR stone he promise that i should stop worried that he will cast a spell that we make my ex husband come back to me immediately, realy he do my ex husband come back to me with so much love and apology i must thank shamuultimatetemple@gmail.com who has play a vita part in my life making me a great person and the must happiest woman on earth you are a great man who is bless by God with traditional love spell caster, please i will advice you if you are having a problem with your relationship contact him shamuultimatetemple@gmail.com your problem will be solve

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting