Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Incredible Shrinking Woman

I went to the doctor yesterday and the nurse measured my height, apparently I've lost an inch. I don't understand how I have gotten shorter. I've ALWAYS been 5' 7", now I'm 5' 6"? Should I change my driver's license? Where did that inch go? I miss it.

I have alot to blog about. Today we had a salesperson from 800.Basements come to our house for a consultation. They should have just shared the price with us over the phone to save a trip and save some time. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXPENSIVE. ridiculous. outrageous. Not going to happen.

Thank you Sara T. for the advice about Mozilla and dowloading pictures onto blogger! I downloaded it and I have already used it for this blog entry! I can totally see how much faster it is! THANK YOU!

I am so pleased that someone named "amy" made a comment on my blog the other day. I feel blessed that she shared her opinion of me being a mother, she knows SO much about my life that she most certainly has a place to make a judgement. (can you sense the sarcasm?) Here was her comment:
"Broke my heart to hear that the kids cry when you leave the room for bread. It sounds like they really need mommy time. The cleaning and gym can always wait, your children come first."
I was advised by my sisters to ignore the comment and I should, but I can't. It makes me crazy that people not only make judgements, but publicly criticize my life. I know it comes with the territory of having a blog, but what is it with people who think their opinion is THE WORD? Amy, thank you for reading my blog, truly, but my advice to you is to not be so quick to judge. If I spend more time with my kids I would come out of their ears. When I clean--they're with me. When I go to the gym--they're with me. When I poop--you betcha, they're with me. Now are you going to come back and tell me I need boundaries, if you won't, I'm sure somebody will!

Moving forward, I can now put in my contacts very quickly. Just one try!

I've attached pictures from the Bull's game last night. It was so great to get away with Brian for awhile. The Bulls won. It was interesting because they played the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets last night. A two city name! Enjoy the pictures...enjoy your Sunday.

Who needs the Bulls when you've got live entertainment in the halls?!?!

Nosebleed.
Nosebleed. We were early. Can you tell by the empty seats?
Benny the Bull flying around.

4 Comments:

  • At 3/26/2006 01:34:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Beth! You crack me up! Amy really does need to get a life. You are one of the most dedicated mommies I've ever known.

    Looks like you had a blast at the Bulls game. And can I just say how hot you look. Seriously *whistling like a construction worker at a hot chick walking by*.

    And how did you lose an inch in height? Maybe you lost some weight off the top of your head and bottom of your feet? Is it possibly to have fat between your vertabrae? Who knows! Just make sure you're getting your calcium in!!

     
  • At 3/26/2006 02:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you kidding me on this Amy chick? I think you are one of the few women I know that has a healthy balance of being a great SAHM but also carving out time for yourself (which you NEED)

     
  • At 3/27/2006 09:08:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    That really is so strange. Lost an inch??? Crazy! Maybe you were never truly 5'7 and have been living under the illusion that you were. LMAO!

    I am so glad Mozilla worked for you!!! I love it. So much easier.

    I love when people read one entry and think they can judge. You are with those kids 24-7 and those smiles tell the whole story.

    Glad your getting better at the contacts...told you that you would! ;) Soon you can poke yourself in the eye and not even notice. LMAO!!

    Glad you all had fun at the Bulls game. Even if you had nosebleed seats...who could afford the other seats???????? :)

    Oh...and DAMN GIRL YOU LOOK GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

     
  • At 3/27/2006 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    Amy you can BITE ME.

    I am not nearly as nice as you beth.

    how do you lose an inch.. are you sure the doctors office was not wrong?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting