Sunday, March 19, 2006

We're back!

We are on our way back from our trip to Louisville to celebrate Ethan’s first birthday. Literally, I’m in the car writing this blog. Anna is FINALLY sleeping in the car, she never slept on the way here, but she has given in and is sleeping peacefully. Noah has already napped and is dancing and watching a video. Brian is driving (too fast) and downing Diet Dr. Peppers and I am blogging and listening to my new James Blunt CD. We just stopped in Indianapolis and bought it at Super Target. James Blunt performed on Oprah this past week. I watched his performance twice on Oprah at my sister’s, it was really good. My friend from high school, Amy F. watches Oprah, as well. I bring her up because recently on their family website, her husband, Mike, made up a word: oprahsuasion or oprahsuasive.
O·prah·suaded
tr.v. To persuade someone, most likely a woman, into believing, buying, eating, reading or doing something that Oprah says is good.

It’s such a good word! And so true. Check out James Blunt and you may be oprahsuaded, too. Maybe Brian will link his performance for you to view, I really love this guy.

The weekend went well. The kids fell asleep in their designated beds Friday night. Noah in a crib that we brought down for Sarah’s baby #2 due in July and Anna in a full sized bed. I joined her later in the evening. Then Noah woke up at 3:45am, I heard him in the monitor that was in my room, which also meant Anna heard him, too. Noah was not happy. I don’t think he felt very secure. He, Anna and I were awake until after 7am. Then Anna slept until 10:15am and I woke Noah after 11am. They both took amazing 3 hour naps Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening went much better after enjoying a wonderful birthday party! Going away and being in someone else’s house is really difficult, especially with a 2 and a 3 year old. It’s was hard to keep them quiet, when Ethan was sleeping—nearly impossible and really frustrating. In hindsight, we should have just left their house with the kids just to simplify, but you live and learn.
----
Now we are home! We fed and bathed the kids and let them run and climb and play. They are in bed a half hour earlier, which NEVER happens—we need a break! We have completely unpacked from the trip and put the dirty clothes in the washer, now it’s like we stayed home all weekend. J We stopped on the way home and rented “Walk the Line”, so I’m going to watch that now!

I leave you with some pictures. I hope you enjoy!





I love this cake!

7 Comments:

  • At 3/19/2006 10:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beth,
    I'm so honored to have made it into your blog! Mike is genius for coining that term--I love it...and it's so true! I like James Blunt too (and love his hit song) and actually knew about him BEFORE he was on Oprah, if you can believe that :-)

    Glad you had a nice time visiting your sister and family even though sleep schedules were all off. Looks like a great party--what an awesome cake!

    We rented "Walk the Line" this past weekend...great movie. I liked it more than I thought I would. I've always liked Joaquin Phoenix, but have never been a huge Reese fan. Even though she gave an amazing performance, I really wish Felicity Huffman would have won the Oscar for her work in "Transamerica"--she was really great in it...you totally forget it's her. A little more controversial of a movie, I guess, but I'm into that kind of stuff!

     
  • At 3/20/2006 06:59:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    Oh such a great cake..

    Glad the trip went well for you.. (well besides the sleeping issues) It is godo to get them practiced so you can start doing the amazing and exciting family vacations.
    You still look amazing Beth :)

     
  • At 3/20/2006 12:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your kids are adorable! Hopefully that is the first family trip of many to come.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 01:30:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Wow!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I think Mike needs to copyright those terms right away! Talk about a genius. And he's a man at that ;)

    Walk the Line is an awesome movie!! I actually bought it! Hope you enjoy it! Reese is GREAT and Joaquin is too!

    Glad you made it home safe!!

     
  • At 3/20/2006 11:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LMAO - I love the new term! So true, so true. I never get to see Oprah, unfortunately, (love her, but 4pm EST is just not good for me).

    And that cake looks awesome!

     
  • At 3/21/2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Sounds like a great weekend trip!!! I am so glad Ethan had a good birthday...I am sure he loved that his cousins were there. You and your sister look alot alike! I think you have identical noses! The kids look ADORABLE as always!!

    I still don't see what the Oprah craze is all about...but then again I don't think I have ever watched a full episode. Pick your mouth up from the ground Beth! I'm serious!

     
  • At 3/22/2006 06:23:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    The Oprah term that Mike came up with is so fitting!!

    I'm so glad you had a great weekend. Can I just say, you look beautiful!!! You face looks so healthy and even thinner! You are doing great. Love the pictures of the kids!!

    I can't wait to hear what your next trip is with them. I think I see Disney in your future!! I will let you know how our trip goes. I haven't packed a darn thing yet!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting