Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"Best tonight by a mile"

What Simon said about my boyfriend, Chris. I love him. I also love Taylor and Elliot and I like Katharine and Paris. But, Chris, forget about it. He's dreamy.

On a more serious note. I feel like my reality has been rocked once again. You know you start to feel safe and untouchable and lose touch of how lucky you are to be breathing that breath you are taking right now. Yes, that one. And that one. Allie always puts it into perspective. So do Nick, Daegen, Jacob, Wesley, Lacey, Haley, and Emerald. There are so many more. And many people that have touched my life personally as well. Tonight my heart breaks for someone I have never met who is in her 21st week of pregnancy. Today they learned terrible news about their unborn baby boy, that he has so many defects that he will either die shortly after birth or be severely mentally and physically disabled. We have been following her short journey since her first questionable ultrasound and nobody thought this would happen. My heart is broken for her. I AM SO THANKFUL for every ounce of good in my life. Every smile. Every tear. Every conversation. Every argument. Everything. I know they say everything happens for a reason, and in the end, I do believe that, but sometimes it just doesn't seem right. I just keep picturing her learning of her pregnancy and telling her son "guess what? Mommy's going to have a baby." And this is her fate. I can hardly stand the thought.

Please say a prayer for this mother, her husband and both of her boys.

3 Comments:

  • At 3/15/2006 07:38:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Beth, I know how you are feeling. I remember hearing from Jenny that she was pregnant and didn't know about the walk in the fall. I wished her luck and hoped to see her with the baby. She was so excited to be having another little one and now this! I just don't get it.

    Blessed doesn't come close to the way I feel when I look at my children. Actually all of the FOA leaders children. We are so lucky to have such healthy children. This has been a tough reality check for me. My heart is broken and I wish there was something I could do for them. Saying many prayer for their healing.

     
  • At 3/15/2006 07:58:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    I will of course say many prayers. Huge hugs!

    Your right...we are absolutely blessed every day!

     
  • At 3/15/2006 01:08:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Beth you post is so on target with how I'm feeling. My heart is broken for her. I don't know if I could handle having the knowledge that she has about her unborn child.

    And I too feel like everything happens for a reason. It might not be obvious right now, but who knew that Allie dying would spur something like FOA into action.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting