Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ah...to be 27 again.....

I shouldn't blog because Sara didn't blog today, but I just wanted to update that I had my weigh in and according to WW I lost an additional 2.8 lbs, putting me at a total of 12.8 lbs in 3 weeks.

I had a health assessment done at my gym today. They test your strength, flexibility, and body fat index, among other things. I had this done almost 2 years ago exactly. The trainer and I were looking back at my record in March of 2004 and I weighed 28 lbs more than I did this morning. My blood pressure was 145/104, I couldn't even do their cardio test because my blood pressure was so high. My BP today was 112/81, with the help of medication, of course. My strength was in the excellent range and my flexibility was good. All of these things make me very happy. I am not even considered overweight anymore. 2 years ago I was "obese." Oprah often talks about "body age." How old your body actually is or performs. I found out that I was going to find out my body age and let me tell you, I was more nervous about that than anything else. I just had a fear of it coming back at the age of 40 when I am 29. That would have really affected me, however, it came back at 27!!!!! I was really overjoyed at this number, in fact, it predicts that I will soon have the body age of 20, if I continue to workout! I don't think my body age at 20 was 20. This idea is very motivating to me. I will be completely retested in 3 months, however, I can return in 8 weeks to see if my BMI has gone down! I sure hope it does!

Anyway, that was my quick update....

3 Comments:

  • At 3/02/2006 06:12:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    wow beth you are amazing. you must be so proud of yourself. What a gift you are doing for your self and family. I promised myself I would see the doctor after a few weeks. So soon i will see how unhealthy I am. (due primarly to genes) I have a feeling my clorestrol was high (it has been elevated for all the tests i have done but i was pregnant or nursing and they are just not predictable in those cases.. so I am looking forward to it.. really I am. I going to arrange it at Abby's two year in a few weeks.

     
  • At 3/02/2006 01:01:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Girl...we are the same age now! LOL! You totally go girl!! I would be so nervous to find out. Good for you for doing it!! You beyond rock.

    Totally going to go blog now..because I am so afraid of what you will do to me if I don't. Plus...I can't have you not blog!!! No way!!! I love you girl!

     
  • At 3/02/2006 02:08:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Beth, that is outstanding! You should be so proud of your 27 year old body!! Is it possible to reverse the wrinkles on your face by working out too? If so, I'm definitely joining the gym tomorrow! And, does this mean that on your birthday each year you can celebrate your body age instead of your birth age? If so, that's a major motivation to get in shape and take care!!!

    Way to go! I'm so proud of you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting