Sunday, February 19, 2006

Will there be peace tonight?

I would like to respond to some of the "feedback" I have received about my spanking entry. All I want to say is that I do not walk around with my hand flying around just trying to spank my children. It is a last resort. I take calm approaches (or try to), I always explain what they are doing wrong and why it's wrong and I even have them sit in a "naughty corner", but sometimes, I spank. I do not think for a second that I am teaching my child violence. What is interesting about anonymous comments, and I should say that I really do not mind them, but in this circumstance my mind wonders who this person really is. Is it someone who knows me, that reads my blogs and it was this particular entry that they particularly disagreed with and signing "anonymous" was their way of giving me their opinion? A family member? A friend? Someone who has seen me interact with my children? It's just interesting.

For the past too many nights Noah has not slept well at all. Which means, we do not sleep well at all. He will wake up and cry and cry and cry. He is still not feeling well, so I'm sure this is occuring because of the illness, but I can tell you that I am tired. And so is he. We definitely feel like we have a newborn again, which is so bothersome because we have worked so hard to have children that sleep well, in their beds, all through the night and here we are with a child who is waking up 10 times per night. Only one night this week has he not had a horrible night's sleep. So, perhaps it's time for a trip to the doctor. Anna is also still sick and she is running a fever, so hopefully we'll get in sometime soon! I just have to wonder before I head to bed tonight; will there be peace tonight?

We completed part 1 of our projects today, even with our eyes half closed and our bodies half energized. I had an opportunity to see a childhood friend that I haven't seen in over 2 years, so we went to see her tonight rather than doing part 2 of the project. We will do it tomorrow. The project was reorganizing the kids' closets. They are terrible!!! We finished Anna's this afternoon and we are very pleased with the outcome. Here are some before and after pictures. (don't judge me because of my closets before, I mean, they're closets, everyone throws crap into closets, right?!?! Doesn't everyone throw items on the top shelf praying that it won't come tumbling back to hit you on the head?)
BEFORE.

And after.

Anna hanging out in the closet

6 Comments:

  • At 2/20/2006 04:09:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Hi Beth!
    I just popped in and realized I have lots to catch up on in your blog!

    Looks like you've been crazy busy. Anna's closet looks so organized! Whoohoo! I LOVE closet organizers!

    Big hugs to you with the kids waking at night and not feeling well. I hope you are on the mend and getting rest soon!

     
  • At 2/20/2006 07:33:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Beth, Anna's closet looks GREAT!!! It is really big. I love that her toys are in her room. We have a ridiculous size playroom that houses everything. Since we live in a colonial, going up and down the stairs with toys wouldn't be good.

    It looks great! Is Noah's room next? We had a lot of waking problems with Timmy right after Christmas. It was as if we had a newborn again also. Let me know if there is anything insight I can give you. I am here to help. I know those sleepless nights are a pain!

     
  • At 2/20/2006 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    Anna's before closet pictures can be credited to Carson! I feel so awful! He is a destructive force. They look very nice now. We'll just have to keep Carson away when he comes over to play again!

     
  • At 2/20/2006 02:23:00 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    The closet looks great. anonymous posters can bite my but. :)

     
  • At 2/21/2006 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    You go girl!! The closet looks GREAT! (SO jealous of the mini walk in!!!!)

    I hope Noah feels better and you all get some sleep. HUGS!!

    And for the anonymous comment...it is probably someone who doesn't know you. People love to leave one sided comments...makes them feel superior. They have no idea how much you love your kids...and they don't care either. Its the power trip for them.

     
  • At 2/21/2006 02:02:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Wow! The closet looks awesome! Yes, I too am one of those people who throws things (literally) in the top of the closet hoping they don't come crashing down on my head.

    Maybe I should clean my closets. . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting