Saturday, February 18, 2006

A cold saturday

On this frigid (5 degree) Saturday I completed a project that I have been wanting to do since August. You see, last August I painted my bathroom and I never really liked it. It just didn't turn out to be what I thought it would, it turned out ugly. So, I corrected the problem today. First I taped everything, then I primed the walls, took down the tape, let it dry, re-taped and then painted. I've attached before, during and after pictures. We also bought a new mirror. Brian helped with all of the hardware! The new color is called "pebble" and it's perfect. The pictures do not really do it justice. This weekend is going to be a big weekend for home improvements. Tomorrow we have another project up our sleeves! Enjoy these pictures! I'm sore!

BEFORE PICTURE. This took place just after someone ate too much mustard and threw up on my walls.

More vomit.

And more vomit.

Primed walls. Better already!
Primed.

Worker bee.

AFTER.
AFTER, with new mirror. (apparently the kids "fingered" the mirror before hanging, I couldn't tell until after downloading the pictures!)

Likey? I do!

7 Comments:

  • At 2/19/2006 08:38:00 AM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    WOW Beth! What a change. Love it lots! Where in the world did you get the time and energy to do that? And where were the kids? You've just inspired me!

     
  • At 2/19/2006 11:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks great! I like the color.

     
  • At 2/19/2006 04:55:00 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    they both look nice but i will agree the first is a bit tooo YELLOW :) your so crafty :) you want to do my bathroom?

     
  • At 2/20/2006 04:12:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    You did a great job on your painting project! I bet it feels like a whole new room! Good choice of color... Definitly like the pebble over the mustard.

     
  • At 2/20/2006 06:54:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Beth it looks GREAT!!! I really need to redo my bathroom also. Well actually my whole house!! I am so ready for a change. I love weekends like that. So much get accomplished and you feel so good mentally about what you accomplished. Phsyically you are probably exhausted.

    Great work. It looks very pretty!!

     
  • At 2/21/2006 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Oh that looks AWESOME! I love it! Really I do! :)

     
  • At 2/21/2006 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    I love the new color! We painted our bathroom a couple of months ago and I'm not too keen on it either. It's called sunny yellow. It looked alot less yellow on the sample card at Home Depot...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting