Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It's my Birthday

One of the great things about having a birthday is you get to connect with so many people all in one day! Family, far and near. Friends, old and new. It's a day I always treasure and look forward to. It's a day that I can guarantee to anyone that I will cry, no matter what. I know there are other people who cry on their birthdays, as well, I know I am not alone. It's just funny. I figure that I cry every year because if one thing goes in such a way that I feel it should not, on this particular day, my birthday, that I, being already too sensitive, will turn it into a pitiful round of "why does this always happen to me." And it's bull crap. Honestly, I did something dumb today, real dumb. My driver's license expired today, since Brian stayed home from work I opted to renew it today without the kids by my side. Please, pick up a pen or pencil right now and write this down "I will never go to the BMV on my Birthday." I'll wait to continue until you're done writing........ Hurry, write it down. It was a zoo. A mad house. A girl in back of me, while waiting in line to find out how much longer I would be there, said something about feeling like she's been herded into a room filled with animals. (Now that I think about it, I think I'm insulted! LOL!) It was ridiculous. Here I am at 12 o'clock on MY day, and I'm sitting with 60 complete strangers. I was there for 90 minutes. Doesn't seem long, but it's long. I was hungry, so tired, had to pee and I wanted to home with my family. (you'd think they would put a public restroom into this place!) Anyway, my license is renewed. Oh, joy.

I celebrated my birthday tonight with Anna and Noah, Brian, my parents and my niece Amber and her boyfriend. It was wonderful! Brian ordered a cake from one of my favorite bakeries. It was a white cake with hazelnut buttercream frosting. YUM! We ate my FAVORITE pizza and that was fantastic, too. And never fear, but relating to my post last night about the Food Network, my problems have been solved. As I opened a gift from Brian, the gift wrap gave birth to a brand new baby Tivo!! We are so pleased to welcome this beautiful Tivo to our growing family! We look forward to many years filled with joy and happy memories with this beautiful creature!

I sit here typing my post, eating nachos and cheese for the last time. Tomorrow I embark on another Weight Watcher journey. Yes, I am rejoining Weight Watchers for the 23rd time. Just kidding, it's probably my 4th. (5th?) I am looking forward to this journey as I have a fantastic family support system who is already doing Weight Watchers and friends who are joining along with me! I'm quite excited. I have beeing downloading songs into my iPod Shuffle (courtesty of the LLS, thank you!) getting ready to start walking on my treadmill. I hope I have lots of positive feedback to share with all of my readers! If I don't, it's my own fault. (talk about accountability!)

Thank you to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday, either by phone calls, or in person, or posts on the FOA board, or cards in the mail or e-cards, those are the reminders that make me so thankful for the people that surround me in life. If my 29th year is half as good as my 28th, then I can't wait until I turn 30!

I tried leaving a picture, but Blogspot is NOT cooperating and it's making me crazy! I'll try again tomorrow!

2 Comments:

  • At 2/08/2006 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    I am glad you had a great birthday-minus the crappy DMV. (Next time let one of us knock some sense into you before you decide to do that again! LOL)

    I am so glad you got your new addition to your family! I know you wanted it badly. Very happy for you! :)

    Good luck on weight watchers sweetie! Although I think you look great! :)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL BETH!

     
  • At 2/08/2006 09:46:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    I'm glad you had a good birthday (aside from the driver's license thing!). So what exactly is Baby Tivo? Sounds like something I REALLY need!

    As Tracey mentioned, you can have anything you want on WW, just in moderation and as long as you count the points!! That's what you get those 35 flex points every week for - the big NACHO BLOWOUT!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting