Sunday, January 29, 2006

Don't Bogart the toys.

Yesterday, we celebrated Anna and Noah's 2nd Annual Joint Birthday party! We had such a great time, we are so grateful for all the people who came and celebrated with us. My sister Sarah, her husband and her 10 month old son, Ethan, traveled from Louisville. Brian's sister, Michelle and her daugher Megan, who is 6 months old, traveled from Indianapolis and my sister, Amy and her two children, traveled from central Michigan. How incredible! We appreciate every mile that was driven, we really do. The party went by so quickly. You know, you plan and plan and plan. And clean and cook and decorate and before you know it, you're cleaning up after everyone leaves. And you're exhausted. Oh man, we were so tired! I couldn't even post last night. I tried, but I couldn't keep my eyes open. After everyone left, Anna had a meltdown. She was hysterical. We're still not sure why, but it lasted until 11pm. We think she was soooo tired and overwhelmed and it got the best of her. Noah fell right to sleep.

Before the party, my sisters Amy and Sarah came over to help! THANK GOODNESS! Otherwise, I'm not sure what we would have done! We ran and bought more decorations and then came back and got busy!

This morning we did not go to church or sunday school because of the late, dramatic evening. The kids slept until 9am, they really needed to sleep in!! We went to my Mom's for my neice's, birthday party, she turned five on Friday. We came home and put the kids to bed. At that point Brian and I took the toys out of the boxes and set them up! (then I took a 30 minute nap!)

So, why did I name this entry something about bogarting toys? Because the kids will not share and we are going CRAZY, it's particularly obvious with the new toys. Anna received lots of Dora toys and Noah received lots of trains and cars and trucks. So, here is the situation that would take place tonight: Anna would be playing with her new Dora's Talking House, Noah would be busy with something else and see what she was doing, he would join her playing with the talking house, then she would just leave and go play with his new GeoTrax Train set and he would go ballistic. BALLISTIC. It happened over and over. It was ridiculous. So, I felt they needed a much need break from each other. The poor kids are with eachother non stop.
So, we picked up pizza and then Anna and I went to Target together. This is rare. It usually all of us or none of us. It went really well. We had so much fun. She got a new pair of shoes and she picked out some Sweet Streets with her birthday money. It was so cute, she even wanted to get something for Noah. :-) Anyway, it seemed to work. We came back, bathed them and they only fought 2 or 3 times! Quite an update, but that's all I have for now! Enjoy the pictures!








Typical!

4 Comments:

  • At 1/30/2006 07:42:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    Ohh what a great party. I love the one of you and Anna in the hats :)

    We love the Dora Doll house. What works in our house is the kids have a few things that is only for them. Mostly there confort items. Abby's doll and bear.. Sam's monkey or other favorate animals. everything else is fair game to be played with by the other party. The rule is who ever started to use it first.. if they can't share an item (like it is small) then the person who had it first gets it and as soon as that person moves on then the other child can have the toy..

    What I seem to think happends (at least in my house) is Abby just wants what ever Sam is using and Sam wants what ever Abby is using. I hate the fighting. I am imagining the padded room just thinking about it.

     
  • At 1/30/2006 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    I am glad they had such a nice party! Way to go!!! And that is awesome of your family to drive from all over!!!!!

    The last picture is HILARIOUS!!! I LMAO!!!

    Good luck with the sharing!! I have no advice. Yet... LOL!

     
  • At 1/30/2006 02:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I'm laughing HYSTERICALLY over the last "typical" picture. Seriously - I'm sitting here laughing out loud.

    You are the best mom for getting them each their own beautiful cake. That's awesome.

     
  • At 1/31/2006 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Wow!! I'm so glad the party was a huge success! I would love to come to one of their parties sometime, sounds like you do it right! Kind of a long drive from Houston though.

    Love the pictures! And I too am cracking up about the last one! So funny!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting