Thursday, February 02, 2006

"I LOVE MY DR. MILLER!"

Today we started out the day by going to our pediatrician's office for Anna and Noah's check ups. It went really well. In fact, I'd have to describe as fun! Here are their stats:
Anna 32 lbs 38 inches
Noah 35.5 lbs 37 inches
Anna loves our doctor. She was not scared at all, just happy. It was a great visit. We do have to go back in 1 or 2 weeks to get Anna caught up on 1 immunization. We thought we were up to date until the doctor realized she missed one dose of prevnar in her first year of life. We could have given her the shot today, but I promised a "happy" visit with no pain before the appointment, so the doctor agreed that we should wait. The name of this blog is an actual quote by Anna Helen Pletcher, herself on the way home. She didn't say it, she yelled it! Noah enjoyed the doctor as well, he laughed so hard at the doctor when he was moving his legs around. It was hilarious!!

So, to comment on some of the comments...we weren't actually trying to potty train Noah, he had just dirtied his diaper and we were just about to give them a bath, but we were in the middle of hanging Anna's butterflies, so we thought, well, let's just put on the Nemo underwear! (plus, I was dying to see his bootie in them!! It was cute!) And you know the outcome. We are actively trying to train Anna. It's much more difficult than I had ever imagined, but we are making progress. Dr. Miller says "it will happen, do not pressure her." So, I have to trust him.

On another note, today I attended Nick Tysen's visitation. I went with my friend's Lynette and Amanda. We were lucky enough to see our friend Kacy right away and we spent lots of time with her. We were in line for OVER ONE HOUR. This place had a huge line the entire time we were there. It was unbelievable. Nick was such a special, beautiful boy, that is for sure. Seeing pictures of Nick on the wall from the time he was born, to every year after until this past fall, was difficult to see. It proved that he was a child just like yours or mine. (have you ever thought about how lucky you are to have healthy children?) One particular picture affected me a great deal. It was a picture taken when he was three, you knew he was three because he had a big three sitting next to him. It reminded me of my 3 year old and how fragile life truly is. So many flowers filled this place and there was so much love. We were able to talk to Leslie, his Mom. I told her how honored I was to have met her son and her family and that every year we would walk in honor of the life he lived and the fight he fought. She said "please call me, I want to walk with you." She's an amazing woman, with quiet strength. I can't think enough about how fortunate I felt to be in this family's presence. It was so difficult being there and my heart aches so much for all of them. But I'm SO glad I met them, I feel my life is more fulfilled because there are people like the Tysen family and Kacy in my life.

I'm so honored to have met Nick, I mean that with all of my heart.
I wish you could have met him, too.

3 Comments:

  • At 2/03/2006 07:24:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    I am so glad you all have such a wonderful doctor! That is awesome. I can't believe how big Noah is!!! He weighs more than Anna and is almost as tall! Linebacker! LOL!

    Nick's visitation sounded very nice...a wonderful tribute to such a wonderful boy. I am so glad you were there and will continue to be there for that family.

    Believe me...I am thankful every single moment of my life for Colin. All these wonderful children have taught me that.

    Hugs!!! You are such a wonderful person and mom! I am proud...PROUD to be your friend.

    Love ya girl!

     
  • At 2/03/2006 07:41:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    Beth I must say how much i enjoy your blog. Your such a great writer. ok back to my response.. Glad the kiddies are doing well and you enjoy your doctors.. I changed drs once.. and well I went back after the eye incident. It is good to have a doctor you trust. How special you are Beth to have touched Nick's family's life. Your amazing. Glad you where able to know such a special boy.

     
  • At 2/03/2006 10:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bailey wasn't potty trained until he was 3 years and 2 months old, so don't worry!

    Thanks for writing about Nick's visitation - you reminded me that I still need to pick up his card (I WILL send it out) I do often consciously remind myself how blessed I am to have not 1, not 2 but 3 healthy, beautiful, smart children. It's probably the number one thing I do to kick my ass when I get in a pity party!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting