Sunday, February 05, 2006

TKO

TKO. No other way to describe it. I have been knocked out by a nasty, mean, awful virus. It's been a long, long time that I've been "out of service" for this long. Perhaps the last time was a c-section. I started getting sick on Thursday, then on Friday I felt so much worse, but by Saturday I felt beyond awful. I first woke up with a fever, my throat felt like I had swallowed razor blades and my body hurt so bad. It hurt to simply turn my head to the left or to the right. I had decided to go to the doctor. Because it was a Saturday, my only option was to go to something called "Fast Track" within the emergency room of the local hospital. It opened at 1pm. I had to take a shower, which was incredibly difficult to do, I almost didn't go to the doctor because I did not want to take a shower. I got to "fast track" at 1:20pm and I didn't get home until after 5pm. They had a computer failure and lost my name. I was so tired and uncomfortable and thirsty. Finally a nurse approached me and asked me if anyone had called me in yet. I told her no. And she took me back right away. They did a strept test that came back negative. I was diagnosed with a "viral syndrome." The good news was that the doctor gave me something to make my body stop hurting so bad and something that will help me sleep. It worked! It completely knocks me out!

I'm very lucky that I was able to rest as much as I did over the past few days. That is thanks to Brian for helping out so much. I am feeling better, which is good because I am flying solo with the kids tomorrow! So, I'm off to get more rest!

5 Comments:

  • At 2/06/2006 06:35:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Beth,
    I am so sorry you are feeling so bad! I had the same thing at the beginning of January. Sadly, it truly hasn't totally left my body yet. We are just in a horrible cycle of colds here. I hope the children don't get any of it. Get rest and feel better.

     
  • At 2/06/2006 07:39:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    OH Beth..

    I so hope you are better soon. I have not been a 100% myself but not that bad.. Poor Beth. If you where closer I would bring chicken soup to you.

     
  • At 2/06/2006 08:05:00 AM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    Beth - I can't believe how sick you were. I am really glad you were able to rest. Kudos to Brian for taking over the "Mom" duties so you could rest. Let's just pray the rest of your family can stay healthy.

     
  • At 2/06/2006 08:45:00 AM, Blogger Lara said…

    So sorry you are sick and UGH waiting so long to get into Urgent Care when all you want to do is crawl into bed and die. I am glad at least they were able to give you something to help you feel a little better. I was knocked out by a head cold this weekend as well, but am happy to report I am on the mend as well. Get the rest while you can and get better!

     
  • At 2/07/2006 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Yikes!!! You poor thing! That is one NASTY virus!!! I hope you are feeling much better. I am thinking of you!!!

    Way to go Brian for being such a great hubby and daddy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting