Monday, February 06, 2006

I love the Food Network!

Emeril Live. Food Network Challenge. $40 a Day. Behind the Bash. Everyday Italian. Paula's Home Cooking. Iron Chef America. Unwrapped. Sugar Rush. The Secret Life Of. Restaurant Makeover. Recipe for Success. And Oh, so many more! What other channel can offer so many fine TV shows? It's unbelievable! It's genious!

I've always wondered what was so alluring about The Food Network. Alot of people I know would spend hours watching it. I never understood it. I started watching the Food Network while watching TV before bed in my bedroom. I don't have TIVO on that TV so I would find myself flipping stations during commericals while watching Friends or Will and Grace. I always landed on the Food Network and I would find myself never turning back to the old reruns. I'm hooked. Completely and totally hooked. I love the chefs. I love the recipes. The pots and pans. The plates. The cookbooks. The way the crowd cheers when Emeril adds garlic and essence. When Emeril adds powdered sugar yelling "bam, bam, bam, BAM BAM!!" I'm so excited as I type this! (not kidding.) They even have shows filled with suspense, like Iron Chef America and the Food Network Challenge. Are they going to drop the candy sculpture that is 6 feet high, they have to carry it so far! One of the most recent challenges I saw was the Wedding Cake challenge. People literally traveled for hours and hours with the wedding cake in their cars and the judges noticed every flaw, so there was no room for error. I can harldy take the suspense! I need TIVO in my bedroom just to record my Food Network shows!

Now, I mentioned pots and pans. I sell pots and pans and I KNOW I have the best of the best in my kitchen, so why do I find myself wanting Emeril's red casserole with lid or the blue saute pan with lid on my stove? I want it sooo bad. Luckily, I looked online and they don't sell them, but they sell everything else!

Paula's Home Cooking is a new favorite of mine. She isn't afraid to cook with butter and oil! Nice and fattening. I've learned from the Food Network that Comfort Foods means incredibly fattening. Works for me!

What is super cool about this channel is you can go to www.foodnetwork.com and see what is playing at that moment with the recipes on-line ready for you to print or to put in your virtual recipe box. I have watched hours of this channel while I was sick! It's perfect TV.

Whoever came up with the Food Network is BRILLIANT! Thank you, Thank you! In the words of Emeril, I only have to say "oh, yeah, babe."

I almost forgot to mention that there is a great article about my brother, Dave, and his current role with the Army. It's a fantastic article, here is the link: http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/02/06/army.arabic.ap/index.html

5 Comments:

  • At 2/07/2006 06:16:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    You are TOO funny!!! But I so agree. The Food Network ROCKS! I don't get to watch it that often, but I am in desperate need of new recipes! So I am going to have to find the time to put it back on.

    Comfort foods---what better than BUTTER and OIL!! I mean come on! Although my drill instructor will be after me! LOL

    I love the article with your brother. He is so handsome and smart!! You must be so proud of his accomplishments.

     
  • At 2/07/2006 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Beth your a riot.
    If you love cooking...come on down. I HATE it! Every time I "watch" the food network I think...YEAH RIGHT. LOL! If its more than 5 steps its not for me. LOL!

     
  • At 2/07/2006 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    I love the food network too, but not as much as you do. You're a crazy food show addict! The best shows are Unwrapped and the one about the history of food (can't recall the name) plus anything with Rachel Ray (she rocks!). Not a good channel to watch before bed. Has caused many late night kitchen runs for me and Jason!!! \

     
  • At 2/07/2006 02:52:00 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    now if you could just get samples from the shows you watch pop out of the tv life would be that sweeter.

     
  • At 2/07/2006 07:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with Sara - I don't like cooking, and I definitely don't get the appeal of the Food Network. When I visited my sister and bil last June, they spent HOURS watching the Food Network. I dutifully sat there without complaining, but I just didn't get it. Don't get it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting