Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Not a leisurely day

We have been moving since the moment we woke up today. We took the kids to the doctor and they were both put on antibiotics. Noah has red ears and Anna has a red throat and they both have chest congestion, so hopefully we have relief in sight! I love the idea of returning to normal again, whatever normal is. They were also put on a cough medicine with codiene for nighttime. I can't imagine sleeping without getting out of bed for the whole night! Will it be tonight?! Tune in tomorrow to find out.

I've been wanting to join a gym. I needed two things in a gym: 1. cheap. 2. Good childcare area. There is a particular fitness center that Brian and I used to be members of that I love. It's new, incredibly clean and they have a very nice, clean and safe child care area; you have to be buzzed in in order to enter the childcare area. (not to mention free health assessments, a pool, towels, toiletries, private showers, a sauna, a hot tub and free classes.) But, it's expensive. I checked out another gym in the area and it was nice. The childcare area was bland with no safety. When I say safety, I mean, nobody can enter except parents. This particular one only had a half door, any stranger could reach over and unlock the door, if it was even locked in the first place. But, it's cheap. I decided to stop at the gym I'd love to join and check out their prices. I called almost 5 weeks ago to discuss pricing, but no one returned my call. So, I stopped in. I sat down with a women and she showed me their prices. For a one year membership it ran almost $20 more per month then the cheaper gym and the initiation fee was almost $140 more. wow. The woman said they sometimes run specials for the initiation fees, but during this time there was no special. Maybe in March. They just ran one about 1 month ago, $60 off. I mentioned to her that I called about 1 month prior and left a message for a Marie and she never returned my call and that perhaps had she called me back, I would have taken her up on the special offer. So, she offered me $60 off my initiation fee. Yes! But, it was still too difficult to justify the extra $240 for the year for membership fees. She then pointed out the Matinee membership, which means I can only come between the hours of 10-3. Which is when I wanted to come, that's why I want good childcare. The matinee membership is only $2 more per month than the other gym with the crappy childcare area! So...........I joined. I have to get physician approval to join because I have high blood pressure, but I know he'll approve me, so hopefully by Thursday, we will be able to go! I'm very excited. I'm excited to get in shape and I'm excited for the kids to be in a different place for an hour a day!

I had my Mommy's Group meeting tonight and I really loved it! It was very hard because there was such amazing food there and my weigh in is tomorrow! By the way, my first weigh in was last week and I lost seven pounds! HOORAY! I obviously won't have that same success tomorrow, but I'm hoping for 2-3 pounds. Weight Watchers is going really well.

There is my update. I'm on my laptop, typing and listening to music. Guess where the speakers are on my laptop? Underneath my forearms, muffling the sound. Somebody wasn't thinking when they designed this computer.

5 Comments:

  • At 2/21/2006 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    oh I am so excited for you and thise gym. What a great deal that is. perfect for you dont' have to be as concerned about your child in teh daycare.. Go Beth you can do it. :)

     
  • At 2/22/2006 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Beth, that is so exciting to be joining a gym. Now I want to join. Funny thing is, I thought I couldn't go because I had the children. I never thought of childcare there. I also love that it is a discounted rate if you go between 10-3. They are definitely hours I would want. Hmmm, I will have to look into that!!

     
  • At 2/22/2006 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    That's awesome Beth!! I'm so glad she mentioned the Matinee rate. How perfect!!!

     
  • At 2/22/2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Oh awesome Beth!!! Very cool! I am so jealous!

     
  • At 2/22/2006 12:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to negotiate! I was laughing picturing your whole conversation with you trying to get down the initiation fee. That's great! I belong to the YMCA, but never work out (use it for the kids programs) - I just don't have time. :( Excuses, excuses.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting