Saturday, February 25, 2006

Mother of the Year

I started out the day with Noah waking up nice and early. Yes, they are still sick. Noah much more so than Anna. He woke up crying and screaming for Mommy, so I went into his room, this is at 8am, he looked so tired and felt so warm. We sat in our Lazy boy together and he fell back asleep. It was wonderful. One of those moments you love. You miss having your child sleep on you. I often wonder if I'll ever know when it will happen for the last time. I savor it each time it happens. I think with Noah, the last time was last June! I put Noah back to bed and then I did Yoga. I heard Anna waking up, nice and late, while doing Yoga. She, too, looked tired. I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she said "kitty." The other day while grocery shopping, Anna spotted a box of Pop Tarts with Hello Kitty on the front. She loved it! (I had no idea she liked Hello Kitty.) I bought the box for her. Anna and Noah ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS eat their meals at the table in their booster seats, but for whatever reason, I said to Anna "do you want to eat in the chair?" She pointed at the kitchen chair and she said excitedly "that one?" I replied "No, this one" while pointing at the Lazy boy. You would never have believed her excitement! I thought, it's Saturday morning, it just Mommy and Anna, both Daddy and Noah are in bed, sick and sleeping, why not? She enjoyed it. I've attached pictures. Noah woke up while Anna was still eating pop tarts on the chair. I allowed him the same luxury. Both the kids, sitting on the furniture, eating pop tarts for breakfast. That's what I call Mother of the Year! Don't worry, they both followed up the tarts with a banana.

I took Noah's temp about 45 minutes after he woke up and it was 100.9. He's truly acting miserable. I can't wait for this illness to leave our house. He's been sleeping pretty good, he only wakes up 1 or 2 times per evening. It could be worse. Also, Daddy has an upper respitory infection, all of my babies are sick!
:-)






What is this stuff?

Sick kids picture taken last week. I can't remember why they are touching their noses!

5 Comments:

  • At 2/25/2006 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Okay I think I have the exact same recliner. Seriously, the fabric looks exactly the same. Kind of olive with burgandy and other colors woven in?

    Anyway, what a special treat for both Anna and Noah. I'm sure they felt like they'd won the kiddie lotto or something. Or they were thinking, "what exactly does mom have up her sleeve? Am I going to the doctor to get a shot or something?"

    I love that you took pictures of them leisurly eating their pop tarts. Anna looks especially relaxed and kicked back!

    Hope Noah's feeling 100% soon. Poor guy's been down for awhile now. And Brian too! Hope the URI goes away soon.

    Hugs!

     
  • At 2/26/2006 08:23:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    oh your poor Kids.. I kept looking for a sick picture of Brian but you didn't post one :( LOL. I hope Noah is better soon.. Sam is 95% better but Abby is still faucet nose.. She has her 'other' party today too.. So I am going to fill her up with medicine (she is happy just a crazy runny nose) and she will have a great time.

    Your kids are soo cute.. You didnt' by chance tell your kids to touch there nose for the picture? I do that with mine when I get desparate for them to look at the camera LOL

     
  • At 2/27/2006 06:22:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Isn't it a great feeling when you are Mother of the Year!!!! The simpliest things bring the greatest joy to our children. We are quite layed back in our house. I think it is because we have two dogs that lay all over everything. A few crumbs aren't going to do anything here. Although, 98% of our meals are at the table, lunch is sometimes in front of a movie. Especially if they are beginning to get sick and all I want to do is get food into them.

    The pictures are adorable. They look quite content sitting there. I hope that Noah is back to 100% soon. The same goes for Anna and Brian.

     
  • At 2/27/2006 09:51:00 AM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    I love Anna's pop tart name, "kitty". That cracked me up. It's so funny how they will come up with their own name for things which makes perfect sense to them. I hope they're feeling better now.

    You know I never really thought about there being a last time for your child to lay on you and fall asleep. Another thing you take for granted until you realize it's not happening anymore. It's amazing how life changes around us so quickly.

     
  • At 2/27/2006 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Awww! That is so cute! I do that every once in a while. Make Colin pancakes and eat in front of the tv. (OK...I've only done it 2x...man am I uptight!)
    I hope the kids feel better!!!! Poor things!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting