Wednesday, February 22, 2006

If the nose is a faucet

Anna's nose is a faucet, one that can not be turned off. This poor child has more snot inside her little body than the entire population of Indiana combined. I feel so bad for her. She is a fantastic nose blower, however, about 98% of the time, she blows her nose before the tissue hits her nose, but at least she's blowing her nose. (98% of the time, seriously translates into 30 times just today) Her nose is red and she loves vaseline on her face, she says "it feels good, mama" after applying the vaseline. When I put a tissue to her nose and she blows it, in between blows she says "this is so tricky." I have no idea why. Anna loves to watch me do puzzles on-line. (www.jigzone.com) I don't do them alot because they make me nauseous, but she frequently asks me to do it. Tonight, I did two puzzles for her, her eyes were watering so badly there was a tear almost to her mouth. Poor girl. Obviously the kids are still sick. They are both still running fevers and yes, I was up with Noah last night. Soon, the antibiotics will kick in.

American Idol is taking up too much of my time this week. I finally watched last night's Idol tonight, now I have to watch tonight's Idol tomorrow and then Thursday's Idol on Friday. This is craziness. I also have to watch the Figure skating competition from last night and I have to Tivo tomorrow night's competition-so much to do. Seriously, though....Idol three times a week is just too much for me. I look forward to it tapering down to 2 nights. Actually, I look forward to it ending. I LOVE Idol, don't get me wrong, but it's the only show I HAVE to watch every week and that bothers me. Which girl is your favorite? Mine is Katharine McPhee, she's been mine since the first time I saw her. I'm glad she's made it this far.

Accordingly to my WW meeting, my weight loss this week was 2.8 lbs. According to their records I have lost 9.8 lbs in 2 weeks. I found myself pretty bummed with this number seeing as how my personal weigh in in the mornings are quite different, but that's okay. 9.8 lbs is still good. I hope I see a much bigger difference once I start working out more!

7 Comments:

  • At 2/23/2006 06:25:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Poor Anna! Those little noses are quite an interesting thing when they are sick. It is amazing how much they hold and how fast they fill up!! I hope today is a better day. Poor Noah and you. I hope last night was a little better for the both of you. The lack of sleep sure isn't helping anyone.

    I sooooo hear you about Idol. On Tuesday I was able to catch up on some of the skaters before I feel asleep. But I did miss Sasha Cohen, so I will need to watch that later. I hope tonight's IDOL isn't that long. 2 hours, please, just cut out the parts we really don't need to see and let them sing. Wait until you see the men. There are some good ones!! 3 that I really like and that "Sway" character isn't one of them. I agreed with Simon on him.

    Beth even if WW wasn't as low as your scale at home, you are still doing GREAT!! Just think in 2 weeks you lost almost 10 lbs. That is fabulous darling!!!

     
  • At 2/23/2006 08:49:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Poor kiddos!!!!!! I hope they feel better QUICK....for their sake and yours. ;)

    I am so proud of you for your weight loss. That is INCREDIBLE!!!

     
  • At 2/23/2006 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    I hear on the faucet nose. We had one of those for 3.5 months. No lie. My kids face was so chapped and raw from blowing. Try Aquafor on her face. It's Vaseline-like, but not as goopy and it absorbs fast and creates a nice barrier. You can find it at Walgreen and it's usually in the baby area or sometimes where the lotion is.

    Glad I don't watch Idol. Hell, I'm doing good to catch some Olympics here and there. I totally missed the skating on Tuesday and I could cry now. I NEEEEEEEEEED TIVO. I'm trying to convince Brian, but he thinks we need other things more. . .

    I hope the kids are feeling better soon - for your sake!

     
  • At 2/23/2006 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Mich said…

    oh that poor baby! If her little nose gets too chapped, neosporin (Fletcher family cure-all) may make it a little better.

    I have honestly never watched American Idol--I'm a little afraid I'd get too sucked in, and with no TiVo, well, that makes it harder! I am die hard about the Apprentice and the Amazing Race though ;-)

    Way to go on the WW! Show those points who's boss....

     
  • At 2/23/2006 01:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like Katharine, but I also really like Paris. I'm addicted to Idol as well.

    And I don't even want to hear you complain about your weigh-in missy.

     
  • At 2/24/2006 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    My kids have faucet noses too.. Just keeps running and running like little waterfalls.

    See Beth that is why i weight-in on the mornings LOL. As soon as I get up I weight myself. My body changes soo much during the day. The morning is the only way I can get it be consistent. I don't go to meetings so that makes a be difference. I roll out of bed, pee and then weight LOL.

    Keep up the good work Beth your doing sooo good :)

     
  • At 2/24/2006 02:12:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    Very good job on your weight so far. I am really impressed Beth!

    So Idol is taking up way too much of my time too, but I am so addicted to that show. I am also a fan of Katharine. She has the most amazing, dymanic voice of all the girls. Paris and Ayla aren't bad either. For the guys I must say my favorites are Elliot and Taylor. Ace is one hot mama, but I am not sure if his voice is up there with the others. I am so thrilled this season is here and so far is SO good! Doesn't Will remind you of a little John Mayer? He is such a cutie.

    Hope Anna's nose is better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting