Monday, February 27, 2006

Silver Lining

Today was a different sort of day. I woke up, sicker than yesterday, but still got the kids fed and we went to the gym. They really loved going, which took a load off of my shoulders. While I was walking on the treadmill, at minute 26, (I wanted to walk hard for 30 minutes) the child care person came to get me to tell me Anna had pooped. Which isn't a big deal, I just hated the fact that I couldn't cool down. oh well. I should have shown Anna where the potty was before leaving her, but I'm not used to having a mostly potty trained child, so I forgot. I went back to my treadmill and every single one was taken. Silver Lining? Instead of walking, I worked my arms, did extensive stretching and learned from the trainer how to work my abdominals effectively on a fitness ball.

We came home, the kids ate really well and at 2pm I put them to bed. I was so incredibly tired and didn't feel well at all. Not too mention that Brian is in Kentucky for a job interview and won't be back until tomorrow. Silver lining? Brian's mom offered to come over. I stayed in my room for over 2 hours, sleeping and working on the newsletter. It was perfect.

Noah was showing some "toilet" distress. He is not potty trained, but lately has shown extreme interest in going potty, particulary when he poops. The other day, I bought him his own pull ups. (by the way, Target brand pull-ups are awesome and they are incredibly cheap, and cute!) Anyway, he looked very stressed and was walking around uncomfortably saying "potty, potty." so, I checked his diaper, to make sure it was clean, pulled his pants down and then removed his diaper. I sat him on the potty, which was already in the living room. He wouldn't sit on it, he just loves being naked, so he stood up and walked around. I literally ran into his bedroom (15 feet?) to get his pull up and during that "run" I thought "I wonder if he'll poop on the floor, if he did I bet I would blog about it." Sure enough. I heard it. Not hard poop hitting the floor, but loose poop dripping on the floor. He's been on an antibiotic for 6 days day and he always reacts with loose diapers. Anyway, there he stood, pooping on the kitchen floor. He hated it. Immediately he stepped in it and hated that even more. I didn't know what to do. I ran to get a dish towel, I wet it quickly and cleaned him up as best as possible. All I hear is Noah crying and Anna in the background saying "Noah pooped in the kitchen. That is so naughty. Noah, go in the naughty corner. Mama, did Noah poop in the kitchen? Is he so naughty?" Of course, I tried to explain accidents while cleaning the crap off of the floor, but I don't think my explanation was very effective. So, I cleaned it up with paper towels and lots of toilet flushes, kitchen cleaner and clorox bleach. And we took a very early bath. All this occurred in the middle of my dinner. Silver lining? It wasn't on the carpet.

5 Comments:

  • At 2/28/2006 06:42:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Well that was a very "crappy" post! hahaha!!! YOu know I couldn't resist that! Or how about "Shit Happens". I am sure there are so many more.

    Poor Noah though. I hate when my children are on antibiotics. That stuff just wrecks havoc with their little bodies. When children are first potty training like Anna, it is so hard to remember to show them where the potty is. I always cound myself saying this is where it is, but make sure you tell mommy and daddy when you have to go. I always thought diapers were so much easier when potty training Emma, but the truth is diaper are the pits!!

    I am so glad to hear they enjoyed childcare. And YOU did an awesome!!! It sounds like you really had a great workout!!!

     
  • At 2/28/2006 10:00:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    I love that you have silver linings. So Pollyanna. :)

    That childcare thing rocks! How awesome!! You go girl...you still went even though you were sick?? WOW! Motivation big time!

    That was very sweet of your MIL to come over!! I hope you feel better!!

    Crossing my fingers and toes for Brian's job interview.

     
  • At 2/28/2006 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    i love how you looked at the brighter side of things yesterday. Your soo cool Beth.. your post made me smile :) I swear if a kid is going to poop on the floor they make sure it is nice and loose and yucky.. it is part of the kid code.

     
  • At 2/28/2006 04:54:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face! Poor Noah. I feel for him and those antibiotics!

    And Anna is totally cracking me up getting on to him, and pointing out to you that he was naughty. I bet there's alot more of that in your future!!

    The newsletter rocks!! Major props to MIL for helping you out so you could get it done (and rest!)!!!

    Can't wait to hear about Brian's interview. Do you think he'll blog about it? ;-) Probably not, so be sure to let us know how it went!

     
  • At 3/01/2006 09:40:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    Oh my gosh Beth! Poop all over the kitchen floor - Yuck! And Anna's reaction was so stinkin' funny - I was literally laughing out loud.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting