Thursday, March 09, 2006

Life has taken a turn

One year ago RIGHT NOW, I was experiencing some of the most amazing and memorable moments of my life. I was about to see my nephew enter the world. My sister Sarah asked my Mom and I to be in the labor room when she delivered her baby. Of course we were honored and of course, we said yes!
He was born on March 10th, 2005 at 1:51am. A beautiful baby boy, Ethan James has brought so much joy to our family and to his very attentive and loving parents. He even has a baby sister on her way in July!
This weekend Brian and I were planning a trip to Louisville with the kids to celebrate Ethan's birthday. We were going to leave tomorrow and return on Sunday. As a family of four, we have never gone away for a weekend, so I think we were all very much looking forward to this adventure and singing Happy Birthday to this Birthday Boy! Especially Anna!
Life has taken a turn that we did not expect. Ethan has been sick this whole week with the stomach flu and today was admitted to the hospital. He will be in the same hospital he was at one year ago on his birthday. poor boy. poor Mom and poor Dad. My heart breaks for them, you know how excited you get for your child's birthday, but I know by this time next week, everything will return to normal as we get ready to celebrate with this healthy one year old!

Tomorrow I am driving to Louisville to try to help out. They are hoping Ethan will be released tomorrow, but nothing has been decided yet. He was very dehydrated, he seems to be on the mend, drinking lots of pedialyte, he's also on IV fluids.

Say a little prayer! I've attached some pictures!

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY, ETHAN!!

So cute at Christmas!

A picture taken last weekend!


Sarah when she was dilated 9 centimeters!

We've got Baby!!

2 Comments:

  • At 3/09/2006 11:55:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Ethan is so cute. And how wonderful that you were there for his birth. I'm sure it was amazing.

    I'm so sorry to hear that he's in the hospital. How scary for your sister and her husband. I hope he gets released tomorrow and gets well soon.

    Have a safe trip to see them. I'm sure having you around will make things so much easier.

    Did I mention how cute Ethan is? I can see alot of Noah and Anna in him. Must be those great genes!

     
  • At 3/10/2006 08:49:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    So Beth, this post made me cry. I think it is so wonderful that you were there when Ethan was born. What an amazing experience. I hope someday, I am able to be in the delivery room with someone. I think it is different than your children.

    I hope he is feeling better very soon. HIs mom and dad must be so upset. Sending prayers and hugs!! He will be happy to see his Aunt Beth, I'm sure!! He is quite the cutie!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting