Thursday, April 27, 2006

Days of dress up

I've mentioned before how much Anna loves to changes clothes, right? Her schedule goes a little like this:
8:30am Wake up, go to dresser, pick out outfit and underwear, change clothes, throw away pull up, all by herself.
10:00am Change clothes again, per Mommy's request, "because you need to match and wear warmer clothes gym." I do always give her the choice as to what she is going to wear, I know she appreciates that.
12:00pm Come home from gym, eat lunch and Anna disappears into her bedroom, trying to decide what outfit she should wear. She always comes out with a new outfit and always says "Mommy, do you love it?"
2:00pm Just before her nap, Anna always changes into shorts.

I honestly don't know where she has learned this. I am not one to change clothes all of the time. Until I lost weight, I wore the same pair of jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes, everyday. (except to church, then I would change into my jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes as soon as we got home) Perhaps one of the days that I was wearing my "uniform" she thought "when I can dress myself, I will never dress like that."

These wardrobe changes continue for the rest of the day. This morning by 10:30, she had easily worn 5 different pairs of my shoes around the house. She particulary fond of my black high-heeled shoes. (she actually walks quite well in them!) When I cleaned out my closet the other day, she discovered my basket of shoes and has been in heaven ever since.

When I finished my workout at the gym, I looked in the in the windows at the day care and notice Anna talking to an older boy, I thought it was so cute. She then spotted me, turned towards the window and that is when I notice her button down shirt wide open. I was a little alarmed. My little girl was just talking to an older boy with her shirt almost off. A scary snapshot of the future? I hope not. I asked her why her shirt was unbuttoned, she said because her shirt was dirty and wet. We got home from the gym and as I was checking my e-mail, Anna came up to me with a different shirt on and was carrying her dirty shirt from the gym. She said "here Mom, put it in the washing machine." 3 going on 18.

It's hard not to notice, while folding laundry, just how much laundry Anna is going through. I folded 3 pairs of pants of Noah's and folded ELEVEN bottoms for Anna. This did not include dresses. I need to rename this blog to "I should be folding Anna's laundry."

Today, while waiting for a red light in a construction zone, I groaned because I thought I was going to be late. Anna said "ugh, God bless it." I'm finding myself spelling words like "hate" and "moron."

Oh and something else Anna does is she continuously asks us what time it is. It's very funny. "Mom, what time is it?" "5:33." "oh thanks." "Mom, what time is it?" "5:33." "Oh thanks. Mom, ask me what time is it?" "Anna, what time is it?" "forty-five." It's all very cute and it happened about 22 times today.

Lastly, I am glad that Kellie Pickler is gone. I'm just nervous for the rest of the season. I think Paris should be next, she's very talented, but she'll make it in the business when she's older, she's got the hook up. Now I can't decide...do I want Elliot to win or Chris?????

8 Comments:

  • At 4/28/2006 05:52:00 AM, Blogger Mich said…

    You, I mean Anna, crack me up. Remember how I told you there were girls in my class she'd be friends with? Well, here's another weird (but really not) thing--some of the girls have Anna's clothes!! It's a little freaky.

    I guess I should enjoy dressing Meg myself for as long as I can!!

     
  • At 4/28/2006 07:45:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    that is so funny. Abby goes through a lot of outfits.. heck Sam would stay in the same clothes for days if I let him. (he stays pretty clean normally too)

    Anna is sure to keep you busy.

    I was surpised to see Kellie go but very happy. now i wait on baited breath to see where her voters go.. Looks like Ace's votes when to chris and Katherine. More so Katherine.. (I think Chris where lazy and didn't vote, I voted for the first time this week. (twice))

     
  • At 4/28/2006 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    There must a gene females carry that men don't. BJ really couldn't care less what he wears. The only time he digs through his dresser is to pull everything out so he can make room for his toys. ugh.

    The other day we were walking out of Target and a van sped right through the cross walk ignoring the stop signs. That is one of my HUGEST pet peeves. I let fly with a "stupid a$$" and BJ repeated right after me. Oh, no. I acted like I didn't hear him so as not to make the phrase fun and exciting. I can honestly say that's the first time a cuss word has ever come out of my child's mouth. I guess 2.5 is pretty good, huh?

    Now get busy folding Anna's laundry!! Hey, just thought of something! If she's naughty you can punish her by taking away key pieces of her wardrobe. Evil, I know. . .

     
  • At 4/28/2006 02:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I absolutely loved this entry. You are gonna have your hands full with Anna girlfriend! She is a riot! Of course, I say this, and you will be laughing your ass off at me when Lucy gets to that age.

    I called Chris winning the whole thing about 3-4 weeks ago.

     
  • At 4/28/2006 02:55:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Oh my, I have 2 Anna's in my house. More so being Timmy. He gets out of his crib at night and changes his pj's and puts on his regular clothes. The boy drives me nuts.

    It was time for Kellie to go. I really want Paris to be next. I can't stand her speaking voice. I don't really care for her look either. But I have to say, she has one heck of a voice! I see it between Katherine and Chris. I really want Chris to win.

     
  • At 4/28/2006 03:35:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    Anna is so darn funny and acts so much older than her age. I really enjoyed reading your blog. I know what you mean about watching what you say and having to spell things. "God bless it!" That is priceless!!! Thanks for the great laugh. Anna - You're adorable!

     
  • At 5/02/2006 07:04:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    That TOTALLY cracked me up! Looks like you might have a fashion consultant or fashion designer! How cool! Free clothes someday! LOL!

    Miss you!

     
  • At 5/09/2006 02:13:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Anna is quite the character! You could probably start a separate photo blog of all her different outfits!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting