Monday, January 16, 2006

Men vs. Women

Alright, here I go!
Last week, Brian was lovingly preparing us a night time snack. Lately, we have been indulging in a nachos and cheese after the kids go to bed. A terrible habit, I know! I'll stop soon, I say, in between bites. (literally!) So, Brian was microwaving the queso in these very cute glass containers I have and when he pulled it out of the microwave the glass was so hot that he dropped it directly on the floor. The glass did not break, but there was cheese EVERYWHERE! The countertops, the microwave, the refrigerator, the floor, the rug, the cabinets, Brian's socks, Brian's shirt, Brian's glasses, Brian's face and Brian's hair. and it was everywhere THICK. It looked like it had rained cheese in our kitchen! It took me awhile to figure out what had happened as I was asking questions while helping Brian clean up.

After sitting back down and chomping on what was remaining of the cheese, I had to ask myself if I would have just dropped the glass. I don't think I would have. Now, I'm not saying I'm smarter, because I would have BURNED my fingers off. But in an effort to not have a huge cheesestorm on my ceramic floors I would have endured the pain and just dropped it harshly on the countertop. I'm not saying I'm better. I'm saying I'm stupid! I would have risked burning myself to avoid a mess. I would have complained the entire next day about my fingertips being burned, (Brian are you nodding??), but if I would have just not worried about a mess, I would have been fine. The day after Brian dropped the cheese there was not a single speck of cheese anywhere, it was just a memory. So, in this case, is a male instinct smarter than a females??
No one knows for sure.

In reality, however, had it been me, I would not have dropped the glass or burned myself, as I would have used an oven mitt.

7 Comments:

  • At 1/16/2006 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    I was thinking oven mit too. Men and oven mitts just don't mix unfortunately. Hey, at least he cleaned the cheese up right?

     
  • At 1/17/2006 06:34:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I was so hoping for a picture of that! And yes, I was thinking oven mitt also.

     
  • At 1/17/2006 08:39:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1/17/2006 08:41:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    I missed the part about the oven mit at first and just typed..
    YOU would no haved needed to droped it or get burnt.. YOU would have used a pot holder.. LOL funny how women think.

     
  • At 1/17/2006 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    LMAO Beth!!!!!!!! I was thinking to myself the whole time...you wouldn't have burned yourself..you would have used an oven mitt. So I love the last comment! HAHAHHAA!

     
  • At 1/17/2006 04:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, so what does it say about me that I didn't even think about oven mitts until the end.

     
  • At 1/18/2006 02:05:00 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    In my defense.. there were two cups of nacho cheese in the microwave that fateful evening. I gingerly touched the first one and found it quite cool. I took it out and lazily grabbed the second with my other hand w/out testing it first... hence the disaster.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting