Monday, May 01, 2006

Poor little guy

Today started out sooooooooooooo bad. The kids woke up incredibly early, it was difficult for me to even go brush my teeth, they didn't eat a good breakfast and both of them were sick. (It was one of those days where I asked Anna "do you want orange juice or milk?" "Milk" I poured the milk and gave it to her and she says "I want juice." So, I did give her juice and it wound up on the floor, so I was mopping the entire kitchen floor by 9:30am.) Anna has had a cold for 10 days and Noah started to get a cold this past Thursday. Noah cried through breakfast and Anna coughed through breakfast. I decided to call the doctor. I called right at 9am and they told me to come in at noon. We had SO SO SO MUCH to do today, so I took the kids to one city that is 15 miles east of my house to run some necessary errands and then drove to another city 10 miles west of my house to see the doctor. Noah's temperature was at 100.2, on Tylenol and Anna's temperature was good. Noah essentially cried through the entire visit, which is just not like him. Anna was given cough medicine and my poor, little baby boy was given an antibiotic for a double ear infection. I feel so bad for him. He really hasn't eaten much and he's so tired, but he won't sleep unless it's nap time or time for bed. My biggest concern (which those words do not even describe my feelings) is Noah's fever which has spiked to 104. Early today he was on both Tylelonol and ibuprofen and his temp was still 102.6. So, needless to say, this has been what I've been doing today. I feel so bad for him. (did I say that already?) His little lips are red and his head is so warm, but he's the best boy in the world. I've attached some pictures from tonight and some pictures from his first day of Sunday School yesterday. I SWEAR I didn't know he was this sick. I feel just terrible. But, what can you do?
Eating applesauce! YAY!! (103.5 degree fever in this picture)
He's finally playing. This was after eating some dinner and eating yogurt and strawberries. 102 degree fever. I just love this picture.
__________________________________________________________________
Sunday School Pictures!



(this is a picture of Noah, Anna and their friend Kevin from Sunday school, we went to get Noah's haircut after church and Kevin and his family were there. I loved the way the three kids played together.)

7 Comments:

  • At 5/02/2006 07:54:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    ohhhh poor Noah.. (Anna too) your poor little guy.. I take pictures of my kids when they are sick. Watch that boy and I hop he is better soon.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 08:55:00 AM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    Yikes - a double ear infection - I feel your/his pain. Poor little guy. I hope he has a speedy recovery just in time for when you leave. I guess it's better that he's sick now instead of when you'll be on vacation. Take care and get some rest you all. I'll be thinking of you.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Oh Beth, I'm so sorry the kids are so sick. Anna with a cold for 10 days we just about drive me crazy, but then poor Noah with a double ear infection...UGH! It is so hard to see your children sick. How are you hanging in there? This must be so stressful on you with the end of the week coming. Big HUGS Beth!! I hope they are on the mend and Noah's fever goes away.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 02:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Feel better baby boy!

     
  • At 5/02/2006 02:55:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Poor Noah and Anna. Having both kids sick on top of you feeling bad really sucks. I hope they start feeling better ASAP and you find out what's wrong with you too.

     
  • At 5/02/2006 07:16:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Oh poor sweethearts!! All 3 of you! I hope the kids feel better QUICKLY!!! Hugs and kisses to them both. And to you too!!!

     
  • At 5/09/2006 02:26:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    When did Noah grow up into a little boy? He looks so grown up!

    I'm sorry the kids have been sick especially while you are preparing to leave. My girls just got over ear infections. It is tough on the little ones and mommy too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting