Monday, December 04, 2006

Feng Shui me, Baby

We spent our weekend cleaning. Rather, Saturday, we spend the day setting up our tree and making the rest of our house a complete and total disaster area and Sunday we cleaned. My bedroom is the catch all for all things, if you walk into my house, you walk into my living room and my bedroom is directly to the left--everything seems to land in there. On Sunday morning our bedroom held boxes of Christmas decorations, boxes of decorations I had taken down to make room for Christmas decorations, baskets of laundry, boxes of clothes from our basement cleaning project (2 boxes), our coffee table and all the rest of our shit that normally makes our bedroom just plain ol' messy. DISASTER. I spent the day thoroughly cleaning my room and the rest of the house. Brian was very helpful. We even took a van full of items to Goodwill last night. I woke up this morning and felt...well...calm. I guess the word "harmony" comes to mind. I actually stayed in my jammies until 10am. I kept my glasses on until 10am. I sat at my computer this morning. (rather than standing at my computer) I played with the kids. It was blissful. Truly! I worked throughout the day to make my house even more harmonious, which was challenging considering I swear someone is paying my children to makes messes, but it has worked out okay. Today I did laundry. Lots of it. Every article. I'm fairly caught up so it only took me 4-5 loads to catch up. I even hand washed my bras. While I was hanging one to dry it got me to thinking...my $42 bra from Victoria's Secret must be hand washed and hung to dry. If you dare wash it, it will fall apart. If you dare dry it, it will fall apart. Believe me, I've had bras fall apart. Once I returned one to the store after it fell apart and she said "are you hand washing it" and I said "yes" with my fingers crossed behind me. She told me that many people put them in the wasing machine and they fall apart, mainly the underwires come out and poke you. What the hell? My confusion comes here, my sister, has owned the same damn bra for 12 years. No lie. She wears it very often, maybe even every day. She washes it very frequently and dries it and it's still in tact. She may have paid $12 for it. What is wrong with this picture?
Enough of my rant!
okay, I'm a liar. One more rant.
I'm calling FOUL PLAY on Walmart.com. FOUL PLAY BITCHES. So, on Friday I was doing some on-line shopping for the chickens. They both happen to want this particular item. Yes, we are getting one for each of them. Well, it was on sale last week for $28.44, it was a promotional price through the end of day Friday. Everywhere else, and I mean everywhere it was $39.99 and that is IF it was in stock. So, I had the toys in my cart and I proceed to check out and I even selected my payment method when I decided to check on one more item. I left my cart (apparently unattended) and returned 30 seconds later. Literally. Lo and behold, there is a problem with my order quantity. They are now suddenly sold out. I was hot friends, hot. But, I also understand "you snooze, you lose." (Although I don't really see myself as snoozing, but whatever) 9 hours later, the very next morning, I go to Wal-Mart.com and they are no longer OUT OF STOCK, but now they are $39.99...
Interesting, no?
I'm ranted out.

I made a new recipe tonight, it was a Weight Watcher recipe called Chicken Parmigiana, it was good, very good. Only 5 points for the chicken parm, I served it with a side of whole wheat rotini and veggies. The best part of the recipe, is that nothing is fat free, so as a family, we all enjoyed the same meal, which is my goal in life! Here's the recipe for those interested!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ingredients

1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly pounded (four 4-oz pieces)
2 large egg white(s), lightly beaten
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.

  2. Dip chicken in egg whites, and turn to coat. Then mix bread crumbs with Italian seasoning and dip chicken in bread-crumb mixture; turn to coat thoroughly.

  3. Heat oil in a large skillet; add chicken. Cook until lightly browned and no longer pink in center, about 4 minutes per side; place on paper towels to drain.

  4. Pour 1/2 cup of sauce into prepared baking dish; place chicken in dish and pour remaining sauce evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with cheeses and bake until bubbly, about 25 minutes.

3 Comments:

  • At 12/05/2006 07:31:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I will have to try that recipe! Thanks for including it.

    There must be something in the air. I was just at Jenn's and she is cleaning and organizing also. I was telling her that I am in the middle of doing the same thing. I feel so much better when I get rid of stuff! I LOVE GETTING RID OF STUFF!!!

    And YES Wal-mart SUCKS!!! That store is always my last resort. I do Kohl's, Target, and everywhere else before I head to Wal-mart. Sorry about missing out but hopefully you will find it somewhere else. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

     
  • At 12/05/2006 01:58:00 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    I'm going to have to try that recipe.

    You're too funny.

     
  • At 12/07/2006 05:22:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Oh my, I completely understand about the master bedroom being the catch-all. Except we ran out of room, and now the office is overrun with JUNK too. I had to chuckle at your "standing" at the computer since I do the same. I am in cleaning hell LOL

    Hope the cleanliness lasted for awhile. My kids would definitely be rich by now if they were getting paid to be messy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting