Sunday, December 03, 2006

FINALLY! A TREE!

Thanks to everyone for your opinions and well wishes for our tree. As most of you know, I NEVER settle for anything, which is why I could not just buy any old tree. It was the words of my father-in-law that helped with my decision. He said "you can't go your whole life without a real tree." And I happen to think he's right.

A decision has been made


The temperature Saturday morning, just before getting our tree. Please note the "feels like" temperature! BRRRRRRR!!
(this morning on our way to church it felt like 4 degrees)



Loving the tree place.


And the cat!


There it is, OUR FIRST REAL TREE!!





Pretty! Posted by PicasaBrian and I went on a date last night. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse. OMG, it's my new favorite restaurant. I have been there three times and each time it's incredible! Their margaritas are nice and tastey and strong! AND, their food is out of this world. If you ever go, get the Chicken Tenders, they are the best. (don't bother getting steak, seriously) They make the tenders fresh, when you order them and they are deeeeeeeeeee-lish!
We then went Christmas shopping afterwards. We went to the dreaded Toys R Us and got alot done! We had a busy, Christmasy Day!

5 Comments:

  • At 12/03/2006 12:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    congrats on your first real tree.. LOL we have never had a fake tree. never.. Chris just left with the kids to to go to his grandfather tree farm to cut one down. (his grandfather is not even selling trees this year but has one set aside for us (had some flooding and over selling so was very low on trees this year)

     
  • At 12/03/2006 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    We used to have a Longhorn Steakhouse here but it's gone now. i don't know what happened to it.

    Your tree looks beautiful and so do you!

     
  • At 12/03/2006 06:32:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    I am so proud of you Beth - getting a real tree. It looks beautiful and I enjoyed your pictures. Gosh, I haven't seen you in so long that it looks like your hair has gotten longer. And also, good for you and Brian going out on a date. Sounds like it was a fun, yummy and productive time. Which reminds me I need to get a move on with my Christmas shopping. I hear you on the dreaded Toys R Us. I think I may stick to ordering online!

     
  • At 12/04/2006 07:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hooray for a real tree! We are going out to a Texas tree farm (who knew?) next Sunday afternoon for ours. And you look gorgeous - how are you staying so skinny through these holidays? I'm staying steady at only gaining back 3 pounds from all that weight I lost from the pneumonia, but it's a STRUGGLE.

     
  • At 12/07/2006 06:09:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Beth, your tree looks gorgeous!!! And the kids look like they are enjoying their tree-hunting adventure. What a magical memory! Love the picture of the tree on the van... I take the same picture each time we get a live tree.

    I will have to look for a Longhorn Steakhouse! It sounds great. You should frame that picture of you and Brian. I love that the tree is in the background :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting