Saturday, November 18, 2006

Are we "decking our halls" too early?

And when I say "we" I don't mean me. I mean other people who may have lost their calenders (or their minds). I was driving around this evening with the kids and we found numerous homes with their Christmas lights turned on and their trees set up and decorated. Many. Like 15 homes. Call me "scrooge" but it seems a little soon. I love Christmas just as much as the next guy, but I love it after Thanksgiving. I find myself irritated when I see a house all decked out this early. Two houses, about 1 miles from my house, have been decorated since November 5th. No lie. Oh and this radio station, which always plays holiday music before the holidays has already begun playing ALL holiday music, all the time. Anyway...

I am back from my trip. I returned last night, very tired and not feeling very well. But it was a fantastic trip. The fact that I can go away for 2 days and sit in meetings for SO long and never grow tired and only grow more excited and more motivated just blows me away. For those not familiar with what I do, click here. We planned alot for 2007. Great ideas. so.excited. OMG. Wednesday, I arrived in my hotel room, starving to death, at 11:25pm. (I ordered room service and was eating a quesadilla at midnight) My flight was delayed 3 times. Thanks to LaGaurdia. I have never flown into said airport and I will do EVERYTHING in my power to NEVER fly from or to there again. It blows. It's awful. Dirty. Crowded. Huge fans blowing everywhere. Rude people. Hated it. On my way out last night my flight was delayed again, for the same reason, something to do with air traffic control. whatever.

Noah is sick. This morning we took both the kids to the doctor and poor little mouse has an ear infection. He's coughing in his room right now. So, that makes 2 weeks in a row that he'll miss Sunday School. I plan to take Anna in the morning, they have a Christmas program in three weeks, at least one of my kids should be prepared!

I have lots of pictures for you, I hope you enjoy it!


My friend's daughter.

Anna is a natural flipper. We have GOT to get this girl into gymnastics.


ahhh...wine. Pinot Grigio to be exact. We had a delicious dinner at Graziellas in White Plains, NY on Thursday.


I like this picture because my friend Jenn took it. Makes it extra special.
(No flash was used, impressive, no?)


Myself with my friend and national manager, Maria.


Myself with my friends. Lois (left) and Jenn.


Myself before my very first bite of cannoli. Loved.it.


Myself with tiramisu.

Myself with chocolate mousse cake.
(and an extra five pounds, thank you very much.)

A favorite picture of mine taken at the hotel's bar. Good zoom.


Noah eating dinner.


Noah at a birthday party last Sunday.


I LOVE THIS PICTURE. This picture makes my list of Top 10 pictures taken in the past year. Noah and his cousin, Jeremy.


Anna concentrating. Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 11/19/2006 12:47:00 PM, Blogger amy f. said…

    First of all, I agree with you 100% about the Christmas decorations and lights being displayed earlier and earlier. I only want to see that stuff after Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong--I LOVE Christmas. I just want to get through that other major holiday first.

    Glad you had a nice time in NY (except for the crappy airport experience, yuck). I've never been to NY, but would like to visit at least once in my lifetime. Those desserts looked to die for.

    And I have to tell you I can't get over how long and lean Noah looks (especially in the picture with his cousin). Wow!!

     
  • At 11/19/2006 03:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmm.....italian desserts!! Glad you survived LaGuardia, and had a good trip!

    Noah and Megan can be ear infection buddies...we're on antibiotic #2 and some drops to help with wax...

     
  • At 11/20/2006 12:42:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Miss you already! I was only at LGA for 5 minutes and felt the same at first glance. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    LOVED your camera! Thanks for letting me try it and see how fabulous it really is.

    I'm glad you got home safe and back to your adorable kids!

     
  • At 11/20/2006 08:04:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Beth you look really good. Welcome to NYC airports!! They are always delayed unless you fly first thing in the morning. We never take later flights for that reason.

    Our decorations go up the weekend after Thanksgiving. It is crazy the way everything is so rushed.

     
  • At 11/20/2006 08:50:00 AM, Blogger Elisa said…

    I agree, too, about the Christmas decorations too early. Two of my neighbors have their homes completely decked right now and it's just so wrong.

    Glad you're back. I miss your blog when it's not updated.

    Your kids are gorgeous and your camera is amazing. I'm jealous.

    But lastly, I've got to say why did you say under your pictures "myself & _____" - shouldn't it be ME??? Are you trying to torment me? LOL

    Oh, and that friend's little girl is beautiful!

     
  • At 11/22/2006 10:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Thanksgiving!

     
  • At 11/22/2006 05:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Midori! Yum! I've got an awesome drink I made up with that stuff when I was a bartender! It's delish! I'll find the recipe for you!

    And yes, it's too early for Christmas Decorations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting