Thursday, November 09, 2006

Why am I blogging?

When I don't have time?

Today is a very busy day. I already made two loaves of friendship bread. My neighbor gave me a start on November 1st and I made the bread today. The funny thing is that Anna LOVES it, Noah won't even try it and Brian and I can't eat it because it's too fattening. So, I'll be giving it away, which I think makes me really happy. Brian can bring some into work for his co-workers and I have a baby shower that I am helping to throw on Sunday, I'll bring some then. Perfect!

I have this thing to do today. I am so not excited. In fact, I'm dreading it. I don't know why, I guess I don't like the city I have to drive to. I have to be apart of a check presentation for Exxon Mobil. They are donating money to the LLS and since they do not have a nearby office they have asked me to do public appearances, if I have the time available. We have been trying to work out a time for 4 weeks now and now the time is today. We are taking a picture for the newspaper. It's a nice gesture and I get to wear a new suit a bought, so that's exciting, I just am not excited to do it.

Then I am having dinner at Olive Garden with my very pregnant girlfriend. She is 37 weeks pregnant. She is the girl we are having a shower for on Sunday. All she wants is Olive Garden, who I am to stop her? I would be a very unsupportive friend to tell her no. So, with my feet dragging, I guess I'll go eat salad, breadsticks dipped in alfredo sauce, cheese ravioli topped with meat sauce and perhaps some chocolate gelato. And, to be extra supportive, I'll have a glass of wine. I'm such a good friend. This is her third child since 2002. This third child is a boy, the first two were girls. She has asked me to be in the delivery when the baby is born to take pictures. I'm so honored. She is a friend I acquired later in life and I'm so glad I did. Her daughter was born in 11/02, mine was born in 1/03. We celebrated her daughter's birthday last weekend. We worked together after Anna was born. In 12/03 she lost her mother to breast cancer. Her heart is broken, of course. She is the type of person to never admit pain, when I would talk about her Mom and her loss she would get so mad at me because she would start to cry and she didn't want to cry. But, we still talk about her. I wish it were her Mom in the room when her son is born, but it can't be, so I'll just be the best friend I can be to her. She deserves it.

Next week I am going to New York. It's a "business" trip. I'm excited, but starting to get very nervous about leaving the kids, as always. I have already told Anna, she deserves a notice. I won't mention it again for a few days now.

Did I tell you I cracked my knee three weeks ago? I did. I ran directly into our coffee table, it hurt SO bad, it immediately swelled and bruised. Well, four days after that I was at Target with my sister when I ran the same knee into a fixture holding folded clothes. OMFG. It hurt so fucking bad. I had to leave the store. (my sister bought me a Starbucks to make me feel better) No, I wasn't crying, I know you are wondering, it just hurt. Well, my knee still hurts and it feels funny. So, I'm going to the doctor. I have a whole list of things I need to discuss with him.

After my appointment, I'm taking a knitting class. I think this is funny, when I told my friend Lynette she laughed SO hard at the thought that I thought I would have time to knit! Well, I'll find time...like in the airport next week! I'm excited. I want to make blankets for underprivledged kids.

So, that's what is going on. Time for lunch!

5 Comments:

  • At 11/09/2006 06:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My head is spinning from your current agenda, but really I'm commenting on yesterday's post. How exciting!! The writing!! The kissing of the clac-cum!! The safety in the sandbox.:-) I so need Thanksgiving!

    PS I hope your knee begins to heal--oww!

     
  • At 11/09/2006 07:17:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    You are going to be in my neck of the woods?? Who would have thunk it?!

    Hope the knee is better.

     
  • At 11/10/2006 09:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its good to be busy.. imagine if your where borid. :)

     
  • At 11/10/2006 09:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I made that friendship bread once and I completely screwed up!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! And I'm happy to know someone likes me as a Republican female blogger!

    :)

     
  • At 11/13/2006 07:36:00 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Sorry about your knee. You sound like you'd be such a great friend. I wish you lived closer to me. I'd scoop you up!

    I'm going to learn to knit, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting