Monday, November 06, 2006

must move legs. hurts so bad.

We went to the gym again today. I did some shopping over the weekend to help me prepare:

-New shoes. (in blue) Check.
-New pants. Check.
-New shirt. Check.
-New headphones. Check.
-Menstrual cramps. CHECK.

The kids love going to the gym. The daycare allows you to be gone for 2 hours. I'm typically gone for 75 minutes. I think I'll do more for my workout because the kids never want to leave when I pick them up, guess I'll take advantage of the time I have by myself. I plan to go to the gym 3 days a week.

I love my shoes. I walked for 50 minutes today, over 3 miles. My trainer from before approached me today while I was on my treadmill. She was very excited to see me and even more excited that I hadn't gained weight. In fact, she asked how much more weight I had lost. The answer, obviously, is none. She said my waist looked much smaller. That may be my favorite compliment. :-) She talked to me for over 30 minutes while I was on the treadmill, it made the time FLY BY! It was great, although it was difficult to speak, that's okay! I purchased new Sony headphones on Friday from Circuit City. They are SO much better than the ones I had prior to this set. The last set were made by Koss and they cost $4.99 from Wal-Mart. You totally get what you pay for, they were way too quiet, so uncomfortable and always fell out of my ears. If I don't have music, I do not workout. So, I was very excited for today, but my headphones don't work well, they are a little bit static-y and sound like the plug has been removed a little from the iPod. I'm going to exchance them, they're really nice and loud. My current favorite workout song is Sexy Back, by Justin Timberlake, it has a great beat.

I'm totally exhausted right now. My lower back is killing me, I did 80 sit ups today and strength training. My legs are weak and my feet hurt. It's going to be really hard to do laundry and clean. but I will. Will you come over and help me? great. thanks.

Brian and I want on a date on Friday. We totally used our Flex points at Don Pablos. It was quite good, the margarita was outstanding. out.stand.ing. We then went to Target and Circuit City. I love that Brian understands that I need to buy new workout clothes, shoes and headphones. Makes me happy. He's doing ridiculously well on WW. I'm totally going to lose our contest, by far. You will FREAK OUT when you hear how much weight he has lost in his first week. (check back on Wednesday) It's unbelievable. I really didn't expect to win. I've been on Weight Watchers since February 8th...I didn't expect a huge loss. And the Hershey bar on Saturday night didn't help either!! (Hershey with caramel, no less)

Saturday night we babysat two of my friend's children. My friend has been very sick and desperately needed a break, so I picked up her kids for about five hours. We had fun. Brian is a good sport, he played with the 7 month old boy almost the whole time. The older girl, Anna and Noah did crafts almost the whole time. It was a great night.

Guess I'll put the kids to bed, clean the livingroom, fold laundry and watch Oprah!


3 Comments:

  • At 11/06/2006 06:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on making it back to the gym. I'm going as soon as this whole pinched nerve thing is fixed (next monday!)!!! Brian and Leilan SUCK when it comes to WW. I mean, they rock. But it's REALLY hard to beat them.

    See you in just over 2 weeks!

    PS--no lie, the first 3 letters of my comment verification code to post this is FAT. Should I take that as a sign?!?!

     
  • At 11/06/2006 11:51:00 PM, Blogger amy f. said…

    Good for you for getting back to the gym. I made a pact with myself that I would join a gym when I moved to Lafayette and now work out at the "Y" a few times/week. I like the classes that are offered there. Now if I could quit snacking so much I'd have the perfect body, haha.

    I love the song, Sexy Back, too! Just really makes you want to move! Ellen danced to it on her show the other day and I couldn't get it out of my head.

    Can you believe Kirstie Alley revealed herself in a bikini on today's Oprah? She looked great though! Took guts. (I promise I only watch 2 daytime shows...Ellen and Oprah...and I Tivo them and often watch at night).

    FYI...we FINALLY updated our blog!

     
  • At 11/07/2006 07:27:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Beth, So great to hear you went back to the gym. Now can you get on my case to get back also. Or better yet, borrow my abs and do 80 push-ups for me!! That is awesome that you did that. I hope you were able to clean and do the laundry! Of course, you didn't fold it right! ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting