Friday, October 20, 2006

no use crying over spilled pumpkins

Unless you are emotional to begin with. Tonight, about an hour and 10 minutes ago, someone broke our pumpkins on our front porch. I'm pretty pissed, but I'm also sad because they were the pumpkins the kids picked at our first outing to a pumpkin patch. whatever. (I can't believe I just described what happened without typing out the swear words that are flying around in my head right now...I'm impressed.)

We have so much going on lately, I only have a few minutes to blog, as I am very tired.
  • Noah is still sleeping like crap. In the past 2 weeks he has slept well two nights and I am about to lose my mind. (too put it mildly) Last night was the hardest, I'm so tired. I took him back to the doctor today and his ears have cleared up completely. Thank Goodness. Now I know if he wakes up it's not because his ears hurt....good to know.
  • We bought a new car yesterday. Brian's car had severe malfunctions on his way to work yesterday and after MANY YEARS AND DOLLARS spent on this car, it was time to say "goodbye car! Hello car payment." Yesterday was the longest, busiest, most chaotic day we've had in a long time, obviously because in ONE day we found and purchased a car...that we BOTH love alot. I may like it a little too much. It's a 2000 Bonneville, it's so so so pretty and in perfect condition. We are very excited, the kids love it, too!
  • Brian and I are going out of town on Sunday for our annual trip to Brown County. We have gone every year since 2001 with my sister and her husband. We are going a little later this year since the week we usually go my sister had just returned back to work from maternity leave. I love this trip. My sister and I shop while Brian and her husband golf and drink. It couldn't be any more perfect. Our condo is even on the golf course. It's great! I am anxious about leaving, I should not be because Brian's mom is staying here with the kids and they just love her, but you know, I'm just anxious.
  • I have a wedding to go to tomorrow. I have to go alone since Brian has to work tomorrow night(don't even get me started, okay?) My cousin is getting married. I found the greatest skirt tonight, I love it. However, I was shopping with the kids so I did not try it on and guess what??? It's too big! Brian's going to go back tomorrow and get me an 8! (that's how busy my day is tomorrow, I can't get my own damn skirt.)
  • I am still successfully maintaining my weight. I weighed in on Wednesday at my Weight Watcher meeting and it went well. Makes me happy.
I'm sure there is so much more, but like I said, I'm tired and I have no business being up this late and I still have to wash my face (which is a 39 step process) brush my teeth, clear off my bed and put laundry away.

oh bother.


A very cute spider that Anna made. It was hanging on the refrigerator the other day, Noah approached it and sang a beautiful "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to the spider. He then took it off of the fridge to show it to me, while he was running over he noticed the eyes moving and it FREAKED him out. He dropped it on the ground and came running towards me. Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 10/21/2006 12:34:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    That is such a cute story about Noah and the spider picture that Anna made. I really hope he can start sleeping at night for his sake and yours. Not getting enough sleep is one of the hardest things to deal with. I wish I had some advice to give you, but the best thing I can do is pray for Noah and you. Hopefully your trip to Brown County will allow you to relax, unwind, and most importantly SLEEP!!!!!!!!!

    Looking forward to seeing your new car. I can't believe you had to go out and buy one in a day. Amazing.

    And I am sorry to hear about your smashed pumpkins. That is very upsetting, but hopefully they hadn't already carved them. That would be even more upsetting.

     
  • At 10/21/2006 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn those pumpkin smashers!

    Enjoy the new car (WOW!)and the Brown County trip--have a blast AND get some much needed rest!!

     
  • At 10/22/2006 03:19:00 AM, Blogger Elisa said…

    LOL at Noah and the googly eyes scaring him.

    Damn you for being a size 8. That's freaking awesome. I need to do WW or something. I hate being so fat and yet I am not doing anything about it - (ugh, i'm a 16).

    I bet the wedding was fun. Did you take the kids with you? If not, I bet it was really nice to go to a wedding alone. I think I'd enjoy that.

     
  • At 10/22/2006 03:19:00 AM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Oh, yeah and DAMN those pumpkin smashers. I 2nd that emotion.

     
  • At 10/24/2006 12:05:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Wow, what a weekend. First, may those pumpkin-smashers rot for trespassing on and destroying your property!

    I hope Noah is sleeping lots better. Is he having nightmares? Either way, poor baby and poor mommy! His spider story is sooo cute. I can imagine him serenading the spider at the fridge and then running for comfort. I would have been freaked out too!

    Yuck about the car problems, but Hooray for the new, better car! What a hectic situation! (Twice, we have had car problems on the way to job interviews... You would think cars have a sense for bad timing.)

    Did you had a fun time at your cousin's wedding in your skinny skirt?

    I hope you had a great trip and got to catch up on sleep! Come home and blog soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting