Tuesday, October 10, 2006


So, it's my first official post with my new look. I have been looking for a new template for a long time. I said to Brian last night "I think I finally found a blog template that I like, it's free and it may actually work." He was very surprised and happy. or at least he acted like he cared, which I do appreciate.

Either way, my first post with the new look is not going to be as pretty as my blog itself. Today has been a bitch. Starting with last night while working on my blog, Noah began waking up and crying, which is not necessarily typical for him, but, he has been waking up a little bit for the past few nights. Last week, he had a little cold, but nothing bad and it went away quickly. I think I medicated him once for it. BUT, I have noticed him playing with his ear. I took the kids for a bike ride yesterday, which means, I walk behind them while Anna peddles her tricycle and Noah moves his legs behind his peddles, it was a long ride, about 45 minutes. Anyway, he would touch his right ear on occasion. Any normal, observant mother would think, "hmmm...I wonder if he has an ear infection.???" Not this bitch. I thought "he can't have an ear infection, he is eating, sleeping, drinking and playing." The past 700 ear infections Noah has had, all normal life comes to a screeching halt, he won't eat, drink or sleep. So, why would I assume that touching his ear was sign? I should have assumed. The child was awake almost all night. He refused to take medicine, which has never happened before, he even spit it ALL over me. (very. very. frustrating.) He wouldn't lay in his bed, our bed, stand up, sit down, stop crying, drink, he didn't want me to hold him, he didn't want his Dad to hold him and mostly, he did not want to sleep. oh, and really, really did not want me to sing. Therefore, he did not rest, until he finally took motrin, I snuck the syringe in his mouth and he had no choice but to swallow. Then he slept for 2 hours. 2. hours. (by the way, by 5 this morning it was apparent that it was his ears as he kept crying out "OW MY EARS, OW MY EARS!!)

What's interesting about Noah getting sick today is that my neighbor who has a 4 year old and a 2 year old is scheduled to have her 3rd baby on Thursday via c-section. She had blood work and pre-op appointments to go to, which typically is not a big deal because her mother is retired and essentially is her live-in Nanny, so she's available to babsit. BUT, at the same time that my neighbor had to be at the doctor, her mother had to take her father (mother's husband) to the doctor, an oncologist. 4 years ago he went into remission after battling Hodgkins Lymphoma...well, it's back. BAD. Everywhere, including his spine. Needless to say, I offered my services to watch her children, who love to play with my kids, it wasn't a big deal at all...until Noah got sick. Now what do I do? I can't cancel on them, but can I really expose these two children, who are about to live with a newborn to whatever Noah has? Yes, that's what I did. I had sometime to prepare before they arrived. I used Clorox wipes on practically everything and Noah didn't play with either one of them because he felt like shit. PLUS, doctors always say "ear infections are not contagious. cold are." Right? Well, I did tell my neighbor once she picked the kids up, but she seemed fine with it.

So, then it's 1:30pm and I have a 2pm appointment for Noah at our pediatricians. The nightmare is that this boy who didn't sleep the night before always takes his nap at 2 pm. He did fine for the appointment. He has a double ear infection, the one ear that he pulls at and cries so hard when he (or I) touches it is "flaming red and oozing." To think that 24 hours ago, I didn't have a clue.

The good news is that he is now on antibiotics. The bad news is that the bitches at Walgreens made me wait for "flavoring," which was recommended by them, for 15 minutes, in addition to the 25 minutes I had already waited. By the way we got home, it was 4pm, and Noah fell asleep in the car. Both the kids are napping now. The house is a mess because of our playdate, I started cleaning up but I was so scared of waking Noah that I decided to let it go (for now) and tell all of you about it. Thanks for listening, by the way.

Oh, and one more bitch, while I'm at it. I wanted to do my maintenance weigh-in tomorrow for the month of October, but I just accidently ate half a package of graham crackers. son of a bitch.

By the way, it's 4:58pm and he's already awake. I need a big mac.


  • At 10/10/2006 06:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope Noah feels better soon.. Poor little guy. Sorry to hear about your friends father.. :(

    Like your new look. I changed mine too.

  • At 10/10/2006 08:15:00 PM, Blogger Lynette said…

    Great new look to your blog. I am diggin' it! On the other hand, I can't stand to hear about poor Noah! That is awful! Hope he makes a quick recovery.

  • At 10/10/2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger elisa said…

    How awful! Poor Noah and poor Noah's mommy! That sucks.

    Hope he feels better soon!

  • At 10/10/2006 11:12:00 PM, Blogger christy said…

    Very nice! Love the new digs.

    Hope Noah starts feeling better soon. Poor little guy.

    Love all of the new pictures too.

    I posted some on my blog (finally).

  • At 10/11/2006 12:52:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Gorgeous template!

    Ear infections are so hard to catch sometimes. I hope your little guy is feeling lots better now that he has some meds in his system! Do you guys have drive-thru pharmacies? I never understood their true value until I had sick, sleeping kids in the car!

  • At 10/11/2006 10:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohhh, nights like that SUCK. Been there, done that. And don't blame yourself on the ear infection - I am the QUEEN of doing the mommy diagnosis on the kids and thinking "oh, it's just a cold". Hope he's feeling better.

  • At 10/11/2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Oh huge hugs sweetie!!! Sounds like a rough day...especially after your awesome weekend. At least you have that wonderful weekend to remember. LOL! I hope Noah feels better fast...ear infections are such a killer. I have been so incredibly lucky-Colin has never had one. KNOCKING ON SOME MAJOR WOOD!!!

    I will say a prayer for your friend's father.

  • At 10/11/2006 04:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh hugs to you and to Noah! I hope that tasty medicine does it's job in no time flat so everyone can catch up on some much needed sleep.

    I like the new look--it's very you!!


Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting