Wednesday, September 20, 2006

So, anyway

Tonight, my Mom and I attended a wedding shower. On a Wednesday. evening. A wedding shower on a Wednesday evening. At first...I thought it was strange, I had never heard of such an event taking place on anything other than a weekend, BUT after a few minutes, I LOVED the idea. The weekend was not taken up, the kids went to Grandma's for the evening and I got out of the house. It was lovely. Chili's catered. YUM AND YUM AND YUM. I love the southwestern eggrolls, they are seriously something that I could consume for 35 days straight. (I don't know why I chose 35 days, but it's true.) Anyway, they had mountains, do you hear me? MOUNTAINS of Southwestern Eggrolls. Oh the Weight Watcher Gods were thundering tonight.
Speaking of thunder. It is COLD outside. Right now it's 51 degrees. My sister said something about it hitting the 30's tomorrow. whatever. It is not supposed to be this freakin' cold this early. I really wanted to say fucking cold but I didn't want to offend anyone. I'm so polite.

Speaking of polite. I think my kids are very polite. They always say "please," they always say "bless you," they always say "you're welcome" and they always, ALWAYS say "thank you." I love it. Oh and they always say hi to everyone. Cashiers, the bank tellers at the drive thru, (even though they can't hear them) and each other after Anna gets back from preschool.

Speaking of preschool. Anna loves it. and I am really enjoying my time with my Noah or No-ey, as Anna calls him now. (thanks to Brian) Although she loves preschool, she actually had to miss a day last week because she was sick. Can you believe that? I think she would have been fine, but I know what she had was so contagious, because No-ey had it and gave it to Anna, who gave it to us, who would have given it to her classmates had she gone, but she didn't. She was fine, she really seemed to understand why she couldn't go. (of course, in true Noah fashion his hasn't completely cleared up--I see a doctor's visit in the future...)

Speaking of sick. Christi passed away yesterday. This family is so amazing. She is yet ANOTHER reminder as to why I spend so much time working with Friends of Allie.

And speaking of Friends of Allie, we had our walk on Sunday and it was great, even though it rained. We had a great turn out and we have now raised just over $5000. I'm so excited. and I am so proud of my family and my friends and their family and friends who came around and did something so amazing. Anna and Noah attended their first walk. That made me happy.

Speaking of happy. I'm happy. Things are good. I am grateful. Noah LOVES his big boy bed and has been sleeping in complete peace and comfort every night and for every nap. He never gets out. (by the way, Elisa, I once read that you should never take a child out of a crib until they are 3 years old UNLESS they are climbing out and endangering themselves. I followed that with Anna, but because Noah is so.......much larger than Anna was, we did it a little early....but I'm sure Emma will do great when you do it!)

We have a busy couple of weekends ahead of us. This weekend we are going to Michigan to visit my sister. Then the weekend after that I am flying to Kansas to visit my brother. (sans kids) I can't believe I never mentioned the fact that my brother and his wife had a baby girl on 8/24. It's incredibly special because in 1994 they had a son and in 1997 they had another boy. They decided to have another and try for their girl and they had the most precious baby girl in 2006. I'll have to introduce you to her tomorrow. She's amazing and I get to meet her next week!


Not the greatest picture of me, but Noah is soooo cute!

checking out the chickens

OMG, HE'S KILLING ME. (with his cuteness)

About to leave for Sunday school

eating at the walk



LOVE. IT.

Lynette, my awesome co-captain and I. Both Bright Light walkers. (both raised $1000 or more!)

Team FOA. We have raised over $5000! (and still growing!) YAHOO! Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 9/22/2006 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    What an update!
    I love southwestern eggrolls too...but I think they are much better at Bennigans. YUM!!

    Um...its 90 degrees here. Just thought I would rub it in a little. Ok a lot...HAHAHHAHAHA! ITS 90 HERE!!

    Your kids are WONDERFUL...because you and Brian are WONDERFUL!

    I am so glad Anna is loving preschool, and that Noah loves his big boy bed.

    Your team did FREAKING amazing! I am so proud of you Beth. Seriously. That is so AWESOME!! Congrats on being a Bright Light! (shirt is HUGE, huh? LOL)

    Oh and your hair is gorgeous girl! I love it!! So sleek and stylish. Love it!

     
  • At 9/22/2006 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    This was a hilarious entry. I can't believe I got a mention! Wow! And you used the F word!!! LMAO - you don't strike me as one that would use that word. That's too funny.

    The only sad part was about that little girl. Why did I look at that blog? Now I'm going to have to read all about her. That's just so tragic. Her parents seem very strong though.

    I'm glad you ate some eggrolls! I made cupcakes today just because.

     
  • At 9/22/2006 09:25:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    Noah and his MAN coat. OMG! Is he posing for the Gap anytime soon? Seriously, could my nephew BE ANY CUTER!?!?!?!

    Way to go, FOA!! $5K is incredible!

    Have a fab weekend!

     
  • At 9/24/2006 07:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great job on your walk.. we don't get food at our walk. :( :( never have.. we get light snacks (water, chips, granola bars) When you arrive at a walk site at 4pm it means you end up eatting dinner late.

     
  • At 9/27/2006 11:55:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Your kids are so cute to begin with... I can imagine them using their manners everywhere, just dripping in cuteness!!! Such sweet not-so-little-anymore kids!!!!

    It is still 90 degrees here too! But, it will probably be freezing for my LTN walk. Your team did such an awesome job this year! Whoohoo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting