Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My broken camera and other ramblings

I haven't really had the time or desire to blog. By the time I pull blogger up at night, my eyes let me know that I should be doing something more constructive with my time, like sleeping or watching Sex and the City on TBS.
I thought I would bullet point some random thoughts and happenings since my last blog, that way I can walk away and pull Noah off of Anna while he's pulling her hair and then return to my blog without being too heavily deep in thoughts. Here goes.

  • my camera is broken. i can't even use capital letters, it hurts so much. apparently, Anna broke it. the button you press to take the actual picture is no longer attached. therefore, there is no button to press to take the actual picture. please understand that i have taken tens of thousands of pictures in two years. (actually 18 months) since i received one of my most priced possessions as a gift from my dearest husband. here's a list of the things i value most in my life:
    1. my children 2. my husband 3. my camera 4. my laptop 5. coffee
    As I am sure you can imagine, I'm feeling a little empty right now. I will for about 4 more weeks.
  • I had diarrhea all weekend. It started Friday and continued through Sunday night. It was great. my ass hurts. I'm sure you can imagine. I think it was something I ate or stress or something. It definitely was not a virus.
  • My fundraiser party was a HUGE AWESOME success. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such loving, supportive people who care and who want to make a difference. We currently have 21 walkers registered so far. I'm pretty sure the night will have brought in close to $400. YEE HAW!
  • I'm still at my goal weight. I am going in tonight for my monthly weigh-in. I am very proud of myself. I ordered shirts on-line and they came in and I love them. I don't think I could have done that without losing over 30 lbs.
  • I'm in love with this sweater. I'm going to get one in tan and grey. or in grape jelly
  • Anna and Noah start Sunday school this Sunday. We are soooooo excited. I just found out last night that they will be in different classes which makes me sad, but it's probably for the best. I think I'm going to borrow my Mom's camera.
  • This Saturday, my FOA team is having a booth at a local festival. The average attendance is around 50,000 in one day. I'm really excited, but there are a ton of details that keep me awake at night. FOA is doing so well this year. I am truly so excited and PROUD of the team. Nationally we are very close to where we were last year! What an accomplishment! At THIS MOMENT, we have 599 registered walkers and have raised just shy of $37,000--that's before a single walk. It goes up by a thousand or so EVERY DAY NOW. As much stress as it brings me (which at this point is ALOT), the sense of pride and accomplishment it brings me is overwhelming. Before FOA I was on anti-depressants and just not a happy person. Now, I think it was just what I needed. I feel very fulfilled and very happy. It was meant to be, for sure.
  • Brian is VERY happy with his new job. Of course, it's only been one day and I would be VERY concerned if he wasn't happy after only one day, but it make me sleep a little better. I swear I was more nervous that he was-I was up at 5:30am yesterday worrying about it.
  • I was going to add some pictures I took before the death of my camera...but bloggerbot isn't working right now. oh well.
Yay! I blogged!

4 Comments:

  • At 9/06/2006 05:13:00 PM, Blogger Andrew McAllister said…

    I ran into that photo thing and found a way around it. It turns out that your photos actually ARE being uploaded to Blogger's database but for some reason the html doesn't appear in your post. All you have to do is copy the html for a picture from another one of your older posts, paste this in your new post and change the file name (in two spots - you'll see where). All the rest of the information in the photo url is the same every time you upload a picture. This workaround has worked for me every time.

    Andrew
    To Love, Honor and Dismay

     
  • At 9/08/2006 02:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had diarrhea all weekend once too. It got so bad, I actually used the kid's Desitin on MY OWN butt. Aaaah, the relief. Do not go out in public with Desitin on your butt. Do not wear good underwear with Desitin on your butt. I hope this tip helps you out.

     
  • At 9/11/2006 03:32:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    oh that just breaks my heart. A broken camera is just heart breaking...especially with your passion and adorable kids. I hope you get it back soon!

    I hope you are feeling better!!! Ouch! What a painful weekend for your butt and stomach!!!

    I am so glad Brian is loving his job. What a relief!

     
  • At 9/12/2006 01:35:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    OH NO (about your camera)!!!!! That completely sucks. I hope you can replace it soon. I know I would be hating life without my camera (as well as your other top 5's).

    I checked out the Old Navy site and now I REALLY want to go shopping for fall.

    I am so proud to be working with you as a team leader. You Rock!

    Hope your GI troubles are a thing of the past. (Kris, thank you for the Desitin tip LOL)

    Huge congrats for maintaining your goal weight!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting