Sunday, September 10, 2006

Second Child Syndrome

Today was Noah's first day of Sunday school, which is such a big deal to us. Or so we thought. Last year, before Anna's first day, probably weeks before, we bought her an outfit and shoes, we talked about it all the time. This year, today, we were scrounging around the house looking for a pair of shoes he could wear 30 minutes before our departure to take them to school. It was pretty sad. As we pulled away from our house, Brian and I both felt terribly guilty. (excuse time: I have been CONSUMED with preparing for my booth at the festival--but I know, that is no excuse.) We agreed that we should head out and buy the little guy some clothes and some shoes.
We went to drop Noah off at his class and he was timid, but excited...until we started to walk out the door, then he lost it. He cried and screamed,but according to his teacher, Mike, he calmed down after awhile. Anna had her class and she was terribly disappointed that they did not do crafts, but I think she had fun. Meanwhile, Brian and I enjoyed our time alone during mass.

Yesterday, while Brian and I spent the day working at the festival, Brian's mom took care of our children. Because we left at 5:50AM, she stayed overnight on Friday night. (she IS the greatest) Well, Friday night when I fed the fish, our biggest fish started to freak out and jumped all over the place, he literally jumped up and hid the lid, it was crazy. Apparently, he did it again early yesterday. Well, they all left the house for a little while and once they returned, Anna walked into the living and said "look!" It was the fish on the floor. The fished jumped out of the tank. committed suicide. dead. no longer. So, after shopping for Noah's new clothes at Old Navy, we went to PetSmart and purchased three new fish and a snail. Anna is very excited. She referred to the fish on the floor as "broken."

Our booth was a great success. Brian, my mom and I left the house at 5:50am and didn't return until after 7:00 in the evening. Our asses were kicked. I had such wonderful people helping throughout the day and even recruited walkers. One walker is a lymphoma survivor, she's very inspired by FOA, I can't wait to see her again next week at the walk. Brian and I were actually in bed, with the lights off at 11:05pm last night. It was been years since that happened, we typically stay up way too late at night, but last night we did not have a choice. Like I said, our asses were kicked. Well, at about 2 in the morning I felt something crawling on my chin. That's right, CRAWLING. CRAWLING, crawling on my chin. I hit my chin, to kill or to rid of the crawling thing. I laid in bed thinking "hmmm...something was seriously just crawling on my chin." BUT, I was so tired, I didn't care and went back to sleep. A little while later, something woke me up, I remembered the thing crawling on my chin, it was then that I felt whatever it was, still in my hand. I immediately threw it. I had no idea it was. This morning, I woke up and went pee, while I was peeing I remembered all that occurred and I looked at my hand and sure enough, there was a brown "stain", something I am sure from a creepy spider. I went to see if the spider was laying around somewhere, in the direction that I threw it, but there were no remains to be found. so, I think that means there is a severely injured spider stumbling around our house somewhere...it also means I will never sleep in my bed again.

Enjoy the pictures. I'm certain you'll be hearing more from me as ALOT of my time has freed up! (by the way, my amazing Mom has let us borrow her camera.....)


On our way to Sunday School!!





A little timid

Could they be any cuter?

Our Friends of Allie booth at the festival



Hour 12

Anna before school one day last week

Playing with Grandpa

A future (strange) doctor

In my new Old Navy sweater. She's beautiful. (the sweater, not me) Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 9/10/2006 08:32:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    Oh come on--you're beautiful too!! (though I do like the sweater!!)

    I had to laugh about the fish. When I lived at Dr. Dolittle Central, the beta fish committed suicide. Could you blame it though, considering what else was living there?!?!

    So glad the fest was a success. Oh and Noah's a boy....I don't think he'll mind or notice too much about the lack of a new outfit for his first day of Sunday school!! Too sweet!

     
  • At 9/11/2006 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    I'm glad you'll have more time to blog now.

    Yes, i agree w/this Mich guy, you're beautiful, too!

     
  • At 9/11/2006 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Oh silly girl...boys never care what they look like. Its more important to a girl what outfit she wears the first day. Although I do have to say that BOTH kids looked ADORABLE! Such a good Christian family. :)
    You are all so incredibly awesome for doing that booth. It totally rocks and is so beautiful. I am seriously IMPRESSED! WOW!! I am so so SO proud of you! You have such wonderful help...totally jealous. LOL!
    Too funny about the fish. Just keep my hubby away from your fish...he killed mine..aka...Colin's. Feed it like 10 tablespoons full of food! He didn't know they ate till they died. Silly guy.
    Oh girl...that is a cute sweater. I love it. Also...time for new jeans girl...those look to big on you. You and your fabulous body...you go girl!

    Do you know I have like a gabillion comments to catch up on! OMG! I might be here all day!

     
  • At 9/12/2006 01:54:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Hey, Hot Mamma... both you and the sweater are adorable.

    Sounds like your Olympic high-jumping fish had a severe case of "The water is always bluer..." May he RIP

    Anna and Noah look so adorable in their Sunday best. I had to chuckle in agreement at the boy comments. Micah has a bunch of new clothes, but for Sunday church he will often pick out a favorite old shirt that was handed down by a friend or his FOA Tshirt. LOL He knows what he likes.

    Sadly for Madison, she has to deal with second-girl/third-child syndrome. Poor thing rarely has a new outfit - we have sooo many hand-me-downs!

     
  • At 9/12/2006 01:57:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    OOOHHHH, I forgot to mention that your booth and team and Mom are awesome!!!! I love the picture of you and Brian kicking it under your tent. 12 hours wow! I chuckled when I saw him holding the batch of balloons. It reminded me of him holding your wedding flowers as you were walking down the hall.

    You guys are the best!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting