Thursday, September 28, 2006

Just checking in with you

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. Thank you to everyone who responded regarding my sister's flood. I appreciate the support and offers to help so much!
I met with her last night. We had dinner, then we went to Target and Kohl's and somewhere in between then she pumped in my van. LOL. It's so incredible to me that I can live so far away from someone and see them so little and we get together and it's like we are neighbors and have been for years. I guess that is what sisterhood is all about. It's truly a gift. hmmm....interesting that I do not have two daughters, no? Not that I can choose the sex, because Lord knows how badly I wanted Noah to be a boy, it's just surprising that we do not have a 3rd child to create the brother-brother or sister-sister relationship. However, I am in awe of the relationship between my girl and my boy. so blessed. We all are.

I won't be around much as I am flying to Kansas Saturday morning. Tonight, we went to Best Buy as we are comtemplating purchasing a new camera. I LOVE my camera and I am just sick that it is SO broken. It's still in the shop, if it's not fixed by tomorrow, we may tell the guy to just give the thing back. I saw one camera that I loved, a Sony, of course, 7.2 megapixels and a 12x optical zoom. That's right--TWELVE. My broken camera had a 3x optimal zoom. It was different, some things were not as good, but somethings were better, I'll guess you'll have that, it's funny because they are the same price. We'll see. If I get one tomorrow, perhaps I'll get on-line and tell you about it. (and share pictures)

I bought some knee-high black leather boots, with a nice tall heel. (my sister bought the same pair) They are AWESOME! Let's see, what else? Noah is actually doing well with potty training. In no way am I actively trying to train him, I am just following his cues. On two occasions, he woke up with a dry diaper, the first time I FREAKED out thinking his kidneys were failing, but then I put him on the potty and he peed for 10 minutes! Can you believe that? Anna doesn't even go through the night. Tonight I put Thomas undies on him and he loved it, he didn't even want to wear pants, but Baby, it's cold outside! He went pee twice and then he became entranced in Wonder Pets--he peed all over himself. He's cute.

Anna STILL loves school. Seriously, so much. This morning she rocked my world with her brilliance. First, I was helping her get dressed, she typically dresses herself, but on days of school I help her to speed up the process. Anyway, she started to fall a bit, she put her leg straight back behind her, like a figure skater and said "I have to keep my balance." uhhh...burrito? Did you just say "balance?" She proceeds to notice the new jeans I was wearing and asked if I "bought bread at Target last night in Indianapolis." I can not get ANYTHING past this girl--no lie.

I guess that's it. Brian is busy at work. I feel like I haven't seen him in weeks. We decided that next Saturday we are taking the kids to a pumpkin patch for pumpkins, apple cider and apples. I love fall. Anna is very aware of the season's changing. I received her calender for October for preschool and there are 2 HUGE events that take place, the first is school pictures. My baby girl, who I swear just had her newborn picture done in the NICU in Chicago, is having school pictures taken this month. OMG. She needs a haircut. The second event is a Halloween party. OMG. She needs a costume. A GOOD costume.

Today I worked on the FOA newsletter, I basically finished, I usually work on it at night when the kids are sleeping, but I really needed to get a start on it, it was odd doing it while the kids were awake, but they were good. Tomorrow, I must clean and do laundry. . . fun.

Oh and we returned from Best Buy tonight right before bedtime. I put Noah's pajamas on him and he climbed into his big boy bed and went to bed. He was so tired!

4 Comments:

  • At 9/29/2006 06:22:00 AM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Do you not want anymore kids? Sometimes I think two is enough, other times I get sad thinking Cate is my last.

    I can't wait to see this new camera if you get it. It sounds awesome.

     
  • At 9/29/2006 10:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a fabulous trip. And your kids are brilliant. I love them and miss them!! Seriously, "keeping her balance" ?!?!? I LOVE it. Baby girl is STILL asleep--nothing like a morning on the internet....

     
  • At 9/29/2006 10:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow you have been busy.. on the potty training.. Sam has alwasy even when he was a baby been dry at the morning. so that was easy for him..(so he never wore a diaper at night after he was pt) When Abby when though her let me try this potty training thing she would still wake up wet most of the time. Abby was pretty much a 100% trained for two weeks.. prefect no mistakes.. Then she decided to stop all together.. I will just have to wait till she is ready. Soon I hope.

    I hope you have a camera soon.. (new or your fixed old one) I would die with out my camera.)_

     
  • At 9/30/2006 12:27:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Have a safe trip to KS and fun with your new cam!

    Boots with tall heels are so slimming ;) You're gonna be a skinny-minnie in your new jeans and boots!

    Anna and Noah are so big and so smart! You must be such a proud mommy!

    Brooklyn started potty training herself two days ago. It definitely has to be on her terms. :P Are you looking forward to no more diapers! :D ...or will you try for a brother-brother or sister-sister relationship?!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting