1. Peppermint Mochas. It was worth the wait. I was the fifth car in line on a Saturday morning at Starbucks that is located right next to a Target, Kohl's, Best Buy, etc. I hope the 7 cars in back of me felt the same way. (seriously!)
2. This new wrapping paper cutting device thingy. It's awesome. I never use scissors when I wrap gifts, I only use knives, this works out perfectly. (Yes! I started my Christmas wrapping this weekend! YAY!)
3. Wintersong by Sarah McLachlan. It's lovely.
3 things I did not love about this weekend.
1. The 3 inch burn on my forearm that I received while ironing my pants on the floor this morning at 7:45am getting ready for church. Hurts like a sonofabitch.
2. Kinkos. They printed & cut the Christmas cards I designed. I brought them home and was stuffing envelopes when I realized just how poorly they cut them. However, I called them today and they reprinted them for free, without question and they look great. I just hated the extra driving. (and I did use alot of poorly cut ones, I had already sealed my envelopes when I decided to call and complain.)
3. I didn't love not making cookies. I had wanted to try 3 new cookie recipes this weekend. I have three, yes three, cookie exchanges in the next 9 days. I only tried one new recipe and it was boring.
4. I know, I said 3. Noah has a cold. Anna has a sty under her eye.
Oh! I did love witnessing the birth of my friend's son on Thursday night. It was not only beautiful, but so much fun! I had dinner with friends and went straight to the hospital, she progressed famously and had the baby 2 hours after I got there! I was sure I was in for a long night. He was 7 lbs 15.5 oz. 20.5 inches long. He's simply perfect.
I like quickies.