Sunday, December 10, 2006

Quickie

3 things I loved about this weekend. (material things)
1. Peppermint Mochas. It was worth the wait. I was the fifth car in line on a Saturday morning at Starbucks that is located right next to a Target, Kohl's, Best Buy, etc. I hope the 7 cars in back of me felt the same way. (seriously!)
2. This new wrapping paper cutting device thingy. It's awesome. I never use scissors when I wrap gifts, I only use knives, this works out perfectly. (Yes! I started my Christmas wrapping this weekend! YAY!)
3. Wintersong by Sarah McLachlan. It's lovely.

3 things I did not love about this weekend.
1. The 3 inch burn on my forearm that I received while ironing my pants on the floor this morning at 7:45am getting ready for church. Hurts like a sonofabitch.
2. Kinkos. They printed & cut the Christmas cards I designed. I brought them home and was stuffing envelopes when I realized just how poorly they cut them. However, I called them today and they reprinted them for free, without question and they look great. I just hated the extra driving. (and I did use alot of poorly cut ones, I had already sealed my envelopes when I decided to call and complain.)
3. I didn't love not making cookies. I had wanted to try 3 new cookie recipes this weekend. I have three, yes three, cookie exchanges in the next 9 days. I only tried one new recipe and it was boring.
4. I know, I said 3. Noah has a cold. Anna has a sty under her eye.

Oh! I did love witnessing the birth of my friend's son on Thursday night. It was not only beautiful, but so much fun! I had dinner with friends and went straight to the hospital, she progressed famously and had the baby 2 hours after I got there! I was sure I was in for a long night. He was 7 lbs 15.5 oz. 20.5 inches long. He's simply perfect.

I like quickies.

3 Comments:

  • At 12/11/2006 09:03:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    I have had the peppermint mochas. they are pretty good..

    I have never seen a birth.. I would love to.. Mine where both boring planned c-sections.

     
  • At 12/11/2006 09:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Peppermint mochas sound delish!

     
  • At 12/14/2006 05:01:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    I saw the paper cutter at Target and thought of you. Hope your burn is better. Ouch, those sting. Very cool to witness a birth. It must have been amazing!

    Mark brought home my first Starbuck's Peppermint Mocha last night. Yum! After Christmas, I use all our leftover candy canes in my cappuccinos (a canned mix from Costco). It tastes very close!

    Happy, happy holidays too you and your family!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting