Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Apparently

Apparently, Christmas is five days away. For some reason, it seems so far, but when I think back on how quickly each week has gone by...I better get my bootie in gear. Every week in church, I see another candle lit in the Advent wreath and I can't believe how quickly Advent is passing by. I can't believe how quickly life is passing by.

I am also losing my mind. I keep forgetting things. Last week, we ran out of Kleenex. Okay, we didn't run out, I have some in my kitchen, but I like to have a box in my kitchen and a box in my bathroom. I was down to half a box in my kitchen with none in stock. (which is not like me) I went to the store on Friday and forgot to buy Kleenex. I was so frustrated. So, Monday, I had a small list of things and went into Wal-Mart Supercenter with both of the kids. I remembered the Kleenex and $85 worth of stuff. (how does that happen?!) I bought a big three pack for $4.87. I got home and realized I left it in my cart. I wanted to cry but I didn't have any kleenex.

I also go into stores to shop for people and forget to buy them anything. Makes my Christmas shopping days much longer. I also have been forgetting my camera when I attend functions. So much to forget, so many details. So little time. (by the way, I seriously just wiped my nose with my shirt and I did call Wal-Mart and nothing was turned in.)

Last night, my Mommy's Group met. It was really fun. The hostess made dinner for everyone and we had a gift exchange and a cookie exchange. Good wine, good friends, a warm fire. Does it get any better than that? I went to Kohl's at 10pm. It was THE BOMB!! Everything in stock. No lines or crazy people. Good prices.

Yesterday, Anna had her first preschool Christmas party. I helped plan a game, it was fun, they all had a great time. I also met another Mom who I really like. I am looking forward to today because I should be cleaning my house all day today. I'd like wrap some gifts, light some candles, play some music and get grooving. But my head hurts. ugh. I'll just drink more coffee and take more drugs. Here's to good health! Here are a few pictures from yesterday.


The game I created for the kids. Anna is on the lower left.

The classroom.

On our way home from the party.
If anyone asks, I was not taking pictures while driving.


The wonderful teachers.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 12/20/2006 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Mich said…

    You are living in MY brain. I've lost track of what I've bought for whom, haven't had a "real" dinner planned in days, and randomly, I keep forgetting to buy Kleenex as well!!! Came home yesterday to look for something, turns out it was in my car all along.

    ADD or over-tasking??

     
  • At 12/20/2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger amy f. said…

    My favorite line of the entire post, "I wanted to cry but I didn't have any Kleenex." You crack me up. I totally hear you on leaving things behind (either in the cart or never gets put in the cart once bagged)or forgetting things that I intended to get at the store. I am notorious for all of those things lately. I am a list queen now, but even with a list I've been known to forget things (didn't get put on the list in the first place or forgot to get from my list, aargh!)

    I agree with you about shopping at Kohl's late at night. Our Kohl's is open until midnight every night (and has been for a week). I feel bad for the employees, but I took advantage of it one night from like 9-11. Good deal...I can't stand the crowds and lines while shopping. I am officially done shopping, it's a good feeling :-)

    All of the holiday tasks will get done...they always do. Hope you're enjoying this time right before Christmas, even with all of the chaos and endless list of things to do. By the way...I'm making a note to self to never again make fudge while on Weight Watchers. That was a bad move on my part!

    Enjoyed your post :-)

     
  • At 12/20/2006 01:10:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Beth, I do that all the time. I tell David I am going to the store for something and come home without it, That drives me insane!!

    I hope your head feels better soon. I didn't get to see any pictures. For some reason it wasn't working, but I read all the captions. I am sure they are adorable!

     
  • At 12/20/2006 09:58:00 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I found your blog and have to say I am really enjoying reading it so far.

    I can totally relate to the going to the store for something particular and leaving without it. I went to CVS for tissue paper and left with size 2x panty hose and no tissue paper. I didn't even want size 2x panty hose--how did they get in my bag? Very frustrating.

     
  • At 12/21/2006 11:44:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    When did Christmas creep up so quickly?!?

    I forgot to buy Kleenex today too. Somehow I forgot without my two runny-nosed kids in the cart. That sucks that your bag didn't get turned in. We've done that before, and it is always the item we need/want most.

    Mark is roaming around Kohl's right now (9:30PM) as I type. I wish we had babysitters so I could shop too!

    All your Christmas festivities sound so fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting