Friday, December 15, 2006

My halls are decked

Hi there! Come on in! Would you like some coffee? Coke? Vodka? Chocolate? A taco? Help yourself!



This is my Advent Wreath. It's on a table when you first enter my home. I actually had to make a wreath because I could not find one in a store near me. Not in Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, Lowe's or Michael's. Pretty sad, I think.


This is my home from the outside.

This is my most favorite wreath on my front door.
Enjoying your vodka, it's good isn't it?

Even prettier all lit up. You're getting pretty "lit up" yourself drinking that vodka so quickly. Slow down, Lushy, save some for the rest of the visitors.

Our tree. A douglas fir. My first real tree.

During the day.

Our Nativity Set. My MIL bought me the set for our first Christmas after we got married. It had the stable, Mary, Joseph, Jesus and the angel. Every year she gives us another piece for Christmas. I love that. What's that? Where's Jesus? oh, the dog ate him. just kidding. We put him away until Christmas morning. Here, have some popcorn.

Better take a sip of vodka after seeing this picture. This is where I hang my cards. Right below the pretty vent in our hallway.

Front entryway table again.

No mantel for the stockings. Just a wall. And my children.

A wall in our living. You dropped some popcorn. Please pick it up.


Anna made a prayer countdown bell at preschool.


Wording on the bell.


Anna's stocking that she made at preschool, placed on her bedroom door.


Above my TV. Thanks for coming by. The cost of the tour is $7/person, please pay my children at the door!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

18 Comments:

  • At 12/15/2006 06:31:00 PM, Blogger The Estrogen Files said…

    Too Funny! How about passing the vodka along for a refill?

     
  • At 12/15/2006 09:17:00 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said…

    You have a beautiful family! I love the wreath and the tree. The vodka is good too. May I have a little more please? Thanks so much for the tour! Have a very blessed Christmas! I've had too much vodka, I better walk home now....

     
  • At 12/15/2006 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Jill said…

    Thank you for the tour. Your home is very festive. Merry Christmas to you!

     
  • At 12/15/2006 10:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll have some vodka, please!

     
  • At 12/15/2006 10:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way adorable kids! Lovely tour!
    Merry Christmas!

    on the ROCK

     
  • At 12/16/2006 12:01:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Absolutely lovely! We have the same angel topper :) Wonderful tour - I felt right at home (vodka good)!

     
  • At 12/16/2006 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Mich said…

    you crack me up! who, exactly has been drinking the vodka?!?! your home looks beautiful (as usual :-) ) See you soon!!

     
  • At 12/16/2006 04:26:00 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    That was fun. Thanks for the tour. I really enjoyed it. Your home looks wonderful. I ought to do that, take pics of my Christmas stuff.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family! I really enjoy reading your blog. I feel like I know you.

     
  • At 12/16/2006 05:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Everything is so pretty--especially love your gorgeous wreath!
    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 12/16/2006 06:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful!! Love your decorations - although I have never heard of an Advent wreath. I'm still working on my "tour" (yes, I'm lame)

     
  • At 12/16/2006 08:38:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Your house looks beautiful!!

     
  • At 12/17/2006 04:20:00 PM, Blogger Susanne said…

    Lovely wreath on the front door and your children under the stockings are adorable!

     
  • At 12/17/2006 07:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    $7 isn't a bad price for hot chocolate & a taco, winning combination.

     
  • At 12/17/2006 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. Darling said…

    Thanks for the tour. My son made a tree with that prayer and countdown on it in his kindergarten! Arent they just adorable?

     
  • At 12/17/2006 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Kelli said…

    Everything is beautiful! I especially love your wreath all lit up! Thanks for having us over!
    Kelli

     
  • At 12/18/2006 01:22:00 AM, Blogger owlhaven said…

    ooh, a taco, I'm starving!

    Your daughter's countdown is cute!!

    Lovely house!


    Mary mom to many

    PS-- there's a tour up at my place too

     
  • At 12/19/2006 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I think you did a great job making your advent wreath - it's beautiful - as is your house!

     
  • At 12/24/2006 09:03:00 AM, Blogger Liza on Maui said…

    I enjoyed the tour- thanks soooo much. It was fun.

    I too should be folding my laundry at this time. I love your blog title :)

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Liza

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting