Thursday, December 21, 2006

I finally have Kleenex

And when I say "Kleenex", I mean "Puffs." I should have purchased "Puffs Plus" because I have a cold. It's December 21st and I am just now starting to get a cold. whatever. Yesterday I had twinges of illness throughout the day, and this morning I definitely felt cold like symptoms, but I still went about my day as if I felt normal. (as a Mom, do you really have a choice?) As the day progressed I just felt worse and now I feel like crap.

It's unfortunate that while feeling like crap I had to go to the store. Wal-Mart Supercenter. I just had to grab a few things as I am hosting Christmas lunch on Christmas Day. (nothing fancy, just spaghetti, friends.) My few things turned into $188. total bullshit. I was waiting in line for a good 10 minutes when the lane next to me opened, I was in prime position to move when this woman, who hadn't even been in line, cut me off. I was SO PISSED. I mean, do you not know proper grocery store etiquette? HUH?? Do you?!!?!?!?!? While steam was flying out of my ears, I remembered a book I read the other day in a store. It actually addressed assholes like this woman who aggravate you. It said "instead of becoming angry at this person, take a deep breath and pray for them." I took a deep breath and I prayed for her. Well, I tried. I really prayed that I could go kick her ass without anyone noticing, but I prayed nonetheless.

I am officially done shopping. Done. My goal is to stay out of any type of store until December 27th. Well, maybe. I really want some Crane Lake Cabernet Sauvignon wine that my friend introduced me to last week. It's divine. But, maybe I'll send Brian. After all, I have a cold.

6 Comments:

  • At 12/22/2006 12:02:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Congrats on being done with your shopping! I hope you can relax now without having to encounter any bad-mannered shoppers. Maybe you could get a bottle of wine to celebrate being done shopping and not kicking that woman's butt out of her oblivion.

    Hope you don't come down with a cold. At least you now have tissues for your nose!

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

     
  • At 12/22/2006 06:08:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Oh I laughed so hard at what you prayed for. Benn there and done that!! It upsets me so much when that happens. Glad to hear you have Puff, but sorry to hear that you have a cold. I too started with a cold yesterday, but tis the season for me. It never fails. As long as my children continue to get better by Christmas I will be happy.

    If I don't get back here, Have a Happy and Healthy Christmas. Cherish the moments and take lots of pictures.

    Oh, don't think I didn't send you a Christmas card...I didn't send them to anyone yet. I guess they will be Happy New Year cards since time has escaped me.

     
  • At 12/22/2006 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    I hope you feel better..

    I am a member of the done shopping club too. finished up last night (stocking stuffers from target)

     
  • At 12/22/2006 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    Does it count as a prayer if it contains cuss words?!?!? Hope you feel better soon!!

     
  • At 12/22/2006 06:30:00 PM, Blogger Laurie and Chris said…

    I sure hope you feel better. We all get so burnt out that we don't even know what we are doing. I work for Walmart and let me tell you I as a cashier would have walked over and got you before I turned my light on!! I know this doesn't help.

     
  • At 12/24/2006 09:23:00 AM, Blogger Elisa said…

    I hope you're feeling better today.

    I guess the point of praying for that dumb lady is that the anger only hurts you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting