Wednesday, January 03, 2007

January=American Idol. I mean, a fresh start.

20 Ways to improve my life
...I think.


1. Plan my meals better
2. Spend more time organizing my pictures
3. Watch more TV (seriously!)
4. Read six books this year. I know that doesn't seem like much, but last year I only read 2-3. Any suggestions?
5. Clean more, I guess! (doesn't seem possible, but it must be!)
6. Host more play dates, attend more playdates.
7. Date my husband more frequently.
8. Yell at my children (and husband) less frequently.
9. Become more involved with my church.
10. Keep my purse clean. (how in the hell does it become so cluttered?? I cleaned it yesterday and it has 3 pieces of paper in it and five hot wheels.)
11. Get more manicures.
12. Be better with my finances. (scratch off #7 & #10)
13. Drink less coffee. (just kidding)
13. Potty train Noah by March 1st
14. Spend more time outside during warmer weather.
15. Make my blog more interesting to read.
16. Spend less time on the computer (scratch off #15)
17. Turn 30 gracefully.
18. Spend more time coloring with the kids.
19. Take more pictures.
20. Try 3 new healthy recipes per month...and share with all of you!

By the way, I just finished this book, it's a good read, I do recommend it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 1/03/2007 08:19:00 PM, Blogger Amy F. said…

    Thanks for sharing your goals for this year...I think you can attain them! I should do something like this myself. I have several comments....
    As far as watching more tv (which I think is funny), I have to tell you that you have gotten me hooked on "Little People, Big World." I happened upon it one day and then watched a mini-marathon another day. I like it! I think Amy rocks!

    I think your blog is plenty interesting to read. I love it when you blog!

    I love to read as well and have not been reading as much as I would like lately. I LOVED the book club I attended monthly in my old mom's group. You should start up a book club as a subgroup in your mom's group. Could meet bi-monthly and then you'd get your 6 books in for the year. Gab about the book (and other things) with your mom friends over coffee...so much fun. Very motivating to get a book finished, too. I'll have to think of some book suggestions to pass on to you. Actually The Memory Keeper's Daughter was one I attempted to read for book club, but really couldn't get into.

    I think the 3 healthy recipes/month (and sharing with your readers) sounds like a great idea! I'm looking forward to that.

    Here's to a happy, healthy, productive (yet restful) 2007!

     
  • At 1/03/2007 08:55:00 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Wow and you're not even 30!!! I'm amazed at you.

     
  • At 1/03/2007 09:18:00 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Your blog post title just cracked me up. I always associate January with a new Idol. Sad, but true.

    As far as book reviews I really liked The Lovely Bones and The Red Tent (sorry, I don't know how to underline these). For fluffier reads, I enjoy Nicholas Sparks and there was a chick lit novel that I read called Fourplay that was good.

    Good luck with your goals!

     
  • At 1/03/2007 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    Great list Beth. I could benefit from a lot of your suggestions too- Thanks! I usually don't make any "resolutions" because then that would mean I would have to follow through on them. The whole commitment thing and then the possibility of failing scares me, so I don't even attempt it. I guess I am strange, huh? Or maybe too hard on myself.

    My one resolution (and you better feel damn privledged! HA!) is to post a comment on each of your blog entries instead of being a nosy lurker like I have been in the past!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 09:33:00 AM, Blogger Liza on Maui said…

    I like the way you wrote your goal. I think I'll copy your way (I'll post it in a couple days).

    Have I already told you how I love your blog title and subtitle? Clever and funny. I too should be folding my laundry instead of blogging.. but....I have become addicted to blogging :)

    Happy New Year!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 01:20:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Great list Beth!!! No sugggestions on the reading since I haven't read a book in a very long time!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 02:40:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    That's a great list, Beth! I should ditto most of it for myself LOL. The only thing I would add for me is to clean/organize my office so I could actually sit at my desk :P

    Also,
    #15 - girl, your blog is plenty interesting and fun to read and look at!

    #7 & 11 - you deserve those! Don't completely stike them.

    #17 - Sadly, I'm closer to 40 than 30; however, this decade has been amazing and tops my 20s (in different ways).

    Looking forward to visiting your blog and reading your great posts for 2007!

    p.s. Hooray for a new season of Idol too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting