Tuesday, January 02, 2007

TWO THOUSAND SEVEN

2007 is here I am starting it out with a full, unopened bottle of Tide. And I like it that way. Soon I'll crack open the bottle and celebrate. Yesterday, New Year's Day, we filled our day with constructive projects, like getting rid of the Christmas tree.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On New Year's Day, I did four loads of laundry, made cookies, opened and put away our gifts and cleaned Noah's room. We had company sleeping here since Friday. (my sister, her husband and their two children) Brian and I slept in the living room, I packed up our master bath and moved into the other bathroom, while our clothes landed either in the livingroom or the floor of the bathroom. On Saturday, my family opened gifts. 30 people is what makes up my immediate family. I have five brothers and sisters, we are all married and there are 16 kids. Don't forget my parents. Who, by the way, still provide us all with the most amazing Christmas each year. Each year, it's busy and crowded but very magical, maybe it's the alcohol consumption that makes it magical, but whatever it is, it's wonderful.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We live about 15 minutes away from my Mom's house, where all of the festivities took place. We would drive there twice a day, almost everyday. We would come back so the kids would take naps and come back late at night. The first night my sister was here we went to sleep at 12:40am, I couldn't believe how late we were going to bed, especially since we knew the kids would be up at 8am. When we opened gifts on Saturday, all of the kids opened the gifts in the afternoon, the adults did it after bedtime. We started at 11:00pm and finished at 2am. We were asleep by 3am.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My parents always host a big NYE party at there house. Tons of food and lots of wine and beer. It's delicious and even more crowded as cousins and aunts and uncles make their presence at this annual event. This year, Brian's parents offered to take our kids for the night. That's right. The WHOLE NIGHT. My kids aren't very experienced at sleeping in strange places, they don't even nap in other homes, so this was a true test. How great that my in-laws were just as excited as us? Well, they did it and it went well. I woke up on New Year's Day in Anna's bed after falling asleep (sober) at 3:30am. Brian woke up on New Year's Day after falling asleep (drunk) at God knows what time.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My younger sister on NYE.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So far, my sister has returned to Louisville, my other sister is back home in Michigan, my brother and his wife are on a plane right now heading to Kansas City and my other brother and his family are flying back to South Carolina tonight. All will be calm. All will be a little weepy as we wait for another year to pass until we are together again .

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sleep tight. Literally.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Happy New Year!

10 Comments:

  • At 1/02/2007 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Elisa said…

    Wow. That looks like a lot of fun. Our family is soooo small in comparison.

     
  • At 1/02/2007 02:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so freaking awesome. I LOVE the pic with the pink sunglasses. My mom is one of 6 kids, and the stories she tells about growing up - even though I was another generation removed, I always LOVED getting together with all my aunts and uncles and all the cousins.

    Rich and I always wanted 4 kids to have that "large family" experience, but we just couldn't hack it, lol. 3 will have to be enough craziness for us.

     
  • At 1/02/2007 03:20:00 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    I LOVE the last picture of your family.. amazing.

    Looks like you had an AMAZING holiday week.

     
  • At 1/02/2007 03:52:00 PM, Blogger Laurie and Chris said…

    Wow! You had a full weekend!!Your family picture turned out really nice. Happy New Year!

     
  • At 1/02/2007 04:31:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    What a great looking family. It sounds like you had the best time! The holidays just seem so much better when you have a big family such as yours to celebrate with. Good to hear it all went well. I have missed reading your blog so thanks for the update!

     
  • At 1/02/2007 08:29:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Happy New Year!!

    I love all of the pictures!! Sounds like such an awesome time. My mom is one of 5 too, so our Christmases when I was younger were much the same. Now for some reason, I prefer nice and quiet.

    I love the last picture too. Such a great memory.

     
  • At 1/02/2007 08:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sharing about your holidays. I enjoyed the update and the pictures. Your family and the get-togethers sound awesome. That's so great that you have each other and that you make sure you have a special time all together every year. Your parents must be very proud...they did good.

     
  • At 1/03/2007 07:28:00 AM, Blogger Mich said…

    Happy New Year! So glad that "family week" was so great and that everyone was able to make it. Truly incredible. LOVE the pictures, and so glad the slumber party worked (for all involved!)

     
  • At 1/03/2007 02:30:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Sounds like a GREAT time for everyone there!! So nice to see that your whole family is able to come together every year!!

     
  • At 1/04/2007 02:02:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    ohmigosh, loved the pictures! What fun!!! Such a good-looking family! The kids will have such great memories of their holidays!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting