Sunday, June 18, 2006

385

That's how many pictures I have taken since Friday morning. No lie. We had a weekend JAM PACKED with activity, and it's the first of many. I've included some pictures and adventures from Friday.

Brian and I woke up at 7am on Friday, (Brian stayed home from work) because we were getting our carpets cleaned, all of them, at 8am. So, at 8am, Brian the kids and myself played outside. When they were done cleaning, we went to breakfast to celebrate Father's Day, since it's so busy on the actual day. After that we got Noah's haircut. He hated it. Once he was done, Anna climbed on the chair and said "my turn!" She was in desperate need for her bangs to be cut, so the hairstylist cut Anna's bangs and we are so happy she did!

THEN, we went to the zoo! Anna was so excited and Noah had no clue what a zoo was. Well, Anna hated the zoo and Noah loved it. It started out wrong when a large ostrich, who was protecting it's egg, was trying to attack the kids through the fence. It was pretty comical, Noah was laughing SO hard, Anna was freaking out. We then walked into the "snake house" and that is where Anna received her new nickname "Prissy Mcpriss Priss Priss Priss." She hated it. Hated the smell, hated the snakes, everything and after the attacking ostrich and the smelly snake house, she was done. She couldn't wait to leave, but Noah loved it, so we stayed. This zoo is very small (and boring and smelly and completely ghetto...thanks for the warning, Lynette, should have gone to Chuck E. Cheese, like you said!) We walked the entire thing, some exhibits more than once in about 45 minutes.

We then ate at Grandma's house, went home, took naps, ate dinner, went grocery shopping and stopped at Dairy Cream for ice cream! whew. A busy, busy day and that was just the start of the weekend!
I'm going to watch my 3rd episode of Grey's Anatomy of the night! Penny, I'm about to watch the superbowl one!!!!
Enjoy the pictures.

At breakfast.



The attacking Ostrich. Look at Noah. I LOVE this picture.

Prissy Mcpriss had her nose and mouth covered through almost the entire zoo.




Noah loves animals. I love that.

We weren't sure why Anna was so sad, maybe because the zoo was a huge disappointment? Either way, this picture makes me sad...but then I see Noah and I'm happy again!
Then we asked her if she wanted to go ride bikes at Grandma's and that brightened her up.
This was my favorite part of the zoo. I've never seen turtles move so fast towards anything and they were eating and chewing! It was quite a sight to see!
Eating ice cream! YUM YUM! Even Mommy indulged.....

6 Comments:

  • At 6/19/2006 12:58:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    I am SO laughing my butt off with Anna's new nickname. OMG! That is way too funny. Miss prissy priss priss priss. She really is one girly girl. Love it!!! Ship her down to me, we'll go shopping!!! LOL!! And totally come down to our zoo...Lowry Park Zoo. We have the #1 children's zoo in the United States. :) It ROCKS! Huge with tons of animals and very clean, plus there is a water play area and rides. :) See...another reason to visit me. The list is endless! LOL! I am sure Anna would like this zoo MUCH better. You get to feed a giraffe, and birds, and rhinos. And you can ride a camel. Should I go on?? Screw visit...just move down here. LOL!

    Both kid's haircuts look great! They are always beautiful...doesn't matter what their hair looks like. Oh..and Colin SOBS when he gets his haircut...hence why I do it. OMG...another reason to move down..I can cut Brian and Noah's hair! LOL! (I don't do girl's hair...we care too much. LOL)

    All the pics were of course gorgeous. They are just too cute for words. Minus prissy girl's disappointed look. Can't win them all. I am sure you will get that look one day from Noah when Anna goes on a shopping spree. hahahaha!

    Glad you had a good weekend.

    I would tell Brian Happy Daddy Day but he never blogs. Do you get on him as much as you get on me?? Cause you need to! I am sick of seeing the furnace update. LOL!

     
  • At 6/19/2006 10:19:00 PM, Blogger amy f. said…

    I love the Prissy McPriss nickname for Anna. It was pretty obvious in the couple of pictures you shared that she was not happy! I'm curious which zoo you went to...Michigan City/Washington Park? Have you ever been to the Ft. Wayne zoo? It's really nice. We went there a couple of weeks ago. Not too overwhelming for the young ones, but a really nice size zoo with a lot to see. I guess you're much closer to the Chicago zoos though.

     
  • At 6/20/2006 06:21:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    The children look beautiful! Bummer that Anna didn't like the zoo. I understand if it was hot and smelly though. Glad Noah did after the haircut episode.

    Oh, the monkey picture below is quite funny.

    I hope all is well with you!

     
  • At 6/20/2006 07:41:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    Oh too bad about the Zoo. both my children love the zoo. Though Abby started going when she was younger..

    So did you see the super bowl episode yet?

     
  • At 6/20/2006 08:55:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    OMG! Too funny!! How can you not love he ghetto MC zoo?? Guess that means you won't have to chaperone Anna's class goes on the traditional field trip there--sounds like she'll be bowing out of that trip!! Her facial expressions are PRICELESS!

    Oh, and the monkey underwear--I totally agree. We've seen giraffe and sea lion wee-wee recently...so NOT what I want to see at the zoo!!

     
  • At 6/23/2006 01:17:00 AM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    The kids' haircuts look so cute! Well, they're always cute :) I'm sorry Anna did not like the zoo, but it sure made for some priceless photos! I also love the one of Noah's expression when the ostrich was attacking. CUTE!

    That reminds me.. I don't think I ever posted our zoo pics. Probably because we have total ghetto zoo too. None of the pics must have been impressive!

    Glad you all got out for a family trip. The weather looke perfect. What a fabulous day!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting