Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Herpes

I have herpes. I'm not afraid to admit it. I've been dealing with alot of stress as of late, in fact, so much stress that I'm not sure I've ever felt such stress before. The herpes began around Thursday and has grown since Friday when the stress began. When I say herpes, I mean canker sores. Two canker sores on the inside of my bottom lip. One is the size of Rhode Island, the other is the size of Texas. One is bigger than the other, but they both hurt like a son of a bitch.

So, I've learned a few things about my body and how it reacts when under extreme stress:
  • I get canker sores and they will not improve
  • I sleep terribly
  • I dream about the issues at hand
  • I lose all sense of hunger, which was nice considering I ate more this weekend, while I away, than I have since joining WW on February 8th. Putting me right on track.
  • I shake.
  • I cry.
  • I get hot and turn red. (my friends of family know about the red thing)
So, yesterday I spent my day in a tired stupor from not sleeping, while shaking, crying, hot, red and with a mouth full of canker sores. Sounds attractive, doesn't it?

"I guess so." That's what Anna says now for no reason whatsoever. "I guess so, Mom." It's very cute. She also has discovered what an accident is. You know, when she puts her banana in her orange juice at breakfast she says "it was an axcellent, Mom." How does she know that when she says it's an accident, I'm not supposed to become angry?

We had a great weekend away. It went really quickly, but it was incredibly productive. You know you're in good company when the people you're with always like to eat the same things you want to eat, there are frequent trips to Target and to ice cream parlors and the evenings are spent watching Oprah. yee haw...that's what I call a good weekend.

I leave you with a picture that Brian took of my babies while I was away and a picture of Anna and I just before I left on Friday. By the way, Brian is the best father and husband ever. Through all of this stress, he has been an amazing shoulder and a fantastic ear. I'm so lucky. Brian had a great weekend with the kids, I just know they all had fun, I can tell.

5 Comments:

  • At 6/06/2006 03:15:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said…

    No matter what you are still beautiful to me. But we are so not moving our relationship to that next level. just because I sat on your lap doesn't mean we will make out...cause I don't need a canker sore right now. those things hurt like a bitch! LMAO!!

    Want to know what happense to me?
    Giant hives. yep! Welts! All over. Very attractive.
    Eyes twitch.
    Redness too. Oh yeah...red!
    And I talk a mile a minute...mostly to myself.
    I talk in my sleep and have bad dreams too (in fact I dreamt at least 10 different times that I was falling off the face of the Earth. Weird!)
    I don't lose hunger...I eat like a mad woman who has never seen food before. food good.

    I wish I was one of those people that cleaned. LOL!

    That is too cute about Anna and accidents. Aww!! Colin just says...sorry mommy, right away. Which I can never get mad at. its cute!

    That is the SWEETEST pic of you and Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! Love it!

    Where are the pics of the new baby room? And Sarah's basketball stomach??? And the sissy weekend?? Nosey friends like me must know. :)

    As always...love you girl!

     
  • At 6/06/2006 03:19:00 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    OMG, Sara, you have me laughing soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard. You're so funny. Your first paragraph is seriously making me laugh outloud.

     
  • At 6/06/2006 03:52:00 PM, Blogger amy f. said…

    Beth,
    I'm sorry to hear that your body is reacting to stress this way. Everyone has their own weird body nuances! That does sound painful though.

    I'm even more sorry to hear that you're under "extreme stress" and not sleeping well. We don't want your hair to start falling out or God forbid, an ulcer, seriously!

    I hope you find a way to deal with the stress or that some of it dissipates because it's obviously affecting you big time (mentally, emotionally, and physically!). I'll be thinking about you.

     
  • At 6/06/2006 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    I am glad to see you are able to get on and blog through all your stresses. It make the situations that we go through a little more manageable. Plus having a husband to lean on and talk to about it really helps. When I get stressed I get really bad headaches and very short tempered. It's no fun so I try to not let things get me down. Hang in there girl. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

     
  • At 6/06/2006 08:09:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Ok, that picture of you and Anna is priceless!!! You really need to get that in an 8 x10 and put it somewhere in your house!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting