Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Victory

Tonight I attended my Weight Watcher meeting and much to my surprise...I have hit my lifetime goal. I'm extremely excited and kinda scared. My week was one of my more difficult weeks as most of it I have been sick. I wasn't a good weight watcher, on two occasion I grabbed 3-4 chocolate covered graham cracker cookies and sat down with them as if I weren't on Weight Watchers at all. (believe me, there were other sins committed besides the cookie sin) However, these past 3 days I have worked really hard trying to resist all fattening substances from entering my mouth. I only had to lose .4 lbs to hit my goal and I lost .8. I say I'm surprised, but then again, I'm not sure how surprised I am. For the past fifteen weeks I have been living and breathing the Weight Watcher program, not just trying to lose weight, but also trying to figure out how this lifestyle will fit into my life for the rest of my life. It's a scary thought. And I'm not sure I have the answers, I am a bit fearful. Afterall, I have fallen often the wagon many times before, but I've never been driving the truck that is pulling the wagon which is where I feel I am right now. I have lost 30.4 pounds.

Last night I said two unhealthy things to Brian.
Number One. "If I don't make my goal tomorrow night, we are going to get pizza and then we are going to Coldstone Creamery." I think he mumbled something about me being an idiot.
Number Two. "If I make my goal, we are going to Redamak's with the kids." Redamaks serves the WORLDS GREATEST Cheeseburgers and they are located just across the border in Michigan. Brian and I go there every year on August 7th, our anniversary. I challenge anybody's cheeseburgers to go up against Redamak's, many people agree. Wow, I really got sidetracked there. I love cheeseburgers.

ANYWAY, those two things that I said were so unhealthy, they really were, but I couldn't figure out what I should do to reward myself for making my goal...until sitting at the meeting tonight. I'm going to get a massage and maybe a manicure and pedicure! (I just added the mani/pedi part, I hope Brian reads this!) I've never had a massage or a pedicure and I think this is the perfect reward, don't you agree?! :-) Now when these events will take place.....that's up to the checkbook!

I returned to the gym today. Illness hit this house on May 1st, that's how long it's been since I've been to the gym! It was good to back. At the gym, I had two signs that my return was welcomed, the very first parking space was available and then when I checked in the girl at the counter said I won a prize during member appreciation week, I won a key chain! I felt those were all good signs.

I have attached before and after pictures of me. The before pictures were taken in January of 2006.

BEFORE

AFTER




VICTORIOUS

8 Comments:

  • At 5/18/2006 12:55:00 AM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    You are VICTORIOUS! I am so unbelievably proud of you Beth Pletcher ;) Seriously, you are such a huge success that I can't help but feel like I want to be in your shoes! I can't wait to be in the victory shoes and I will wear them proudly, just like you!

    I loved you comment about how you're now DRIVING the truck that's pulling the wagon. What a great way to look at it. I think you will maintain your weight because your mind is SO in the right place.

    Congrats again, Beth. I am so proud of you!

     
  • At 5/18/2006 12:57:00 AM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    And you've never had a pedicure? Woman, get thee to the nearest day spa ASAP and let a damn stranger rub your feet and paint your toes. Seriously.

    And way to go on celebrating in a non-sabotaging way ;) You're thining like a skinny woman now ;) (although those cheeseburgers sound damn good!)

     
  • At 5/18/2006 03:04:00 AM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    DANG BETH! You hot mamma. I always could tell you've lost weight, but seeing your before and after is really impressive. What an awesome accomplishment. I know you will continue on this healthy road because you are a strong and smart woman. Kudos to you girlfriend!

     
  • At 5/18/2006 06:22:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETH!!! Girl you are one hot CHICK!!! Seriously you have done an amazing job. I think your reward is perfect. You will love a massage!! As for the pedicure, enjoy it. They are very relaxing also! I believe you body needs them. It will make you feel so good. After it, go out to a wonderful (healthy) dinner with Brian to celebrate your victory. He driving and pulling that wagon. My hope is that the wagon falls off and you are able to just drive without the baggage. It will happen. Your eating will become a habit and you won't have to think about it as much. But remember this will take time. You have eaten for 28 (?) years one way and now teaching yourself to eat a new way. So proud of you GIRL!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

     
  • At 5/18/2006 07:22:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    I couldn't be more proud of you sweetie! You look absolultely FABULOUS! Like I said before...you were always beautiful...but now you are beautiful to you as well and it shows!!

    You should totally work for WW. ;)

    GO BETH!
    GO BETH!
    GO BETH!
    GO BETH!
    GO BETH!
    GO BETH!
    GO BETH!
    GO BETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    You so go girl!!!

    *whistle* damn girl...you are hot! *whistle*

     
  • At 5/18/2006 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    Your amazing Beth. You almost make me cry. your a TRUE inspiration. Pedicures rock.. you know what is really good too Beth.. Facials.. get your self a facial, pedicure and a massage.. and don't forget the new clothes LOL

     
  • At 5/18/2006 02:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so proud of you Beth! You look amazing, and you made a goal, changed your behavior, and DID IT. You are an inspiration to us all!

    And I second Christy - you've never had a pedicure? What?!?!?!

     
  • At 5/18/2006 02:55:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    You are awesome!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Enjoy your reward--you've earned it ;-) The pictures are SO amazing. You are definitely "in the zone" and it sounds like you are staying there!

    Not that you need more things to do right now, but have you considered working for WW? I think you'd be an INCREDIBLE leader, and what a motivator--bunches of people looking to you for support!

    You Rock! Congratulations!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting