Friday, May 12, 2006

Fun with black and white. Fun being a Mom.


















I know these last two pictures are not black and white, but they're pictures of Noah that were taken after a quick trip to the emergency room. On Thursday afternoon, as I was changing his diaper, I noticed his penis was terribly swollen. I immediately called the doctor and they were at lunch. Luckily I had my sister, Brian and Sara T. to keep me calm until I talked to a nurse. I finally talked to a nurse and she said as long as he is not in pain that it can wait until the following morning when they could squeeze us in. Well, after Brian got home, I told him to go look at it and it was worse then he had imagined and Noah was definitely showing signs of pain and it was MUCH MUCH LARGER. So, I paged a doctor and she said as long as he is urinating it could wait until the morning, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to take him in, if I wanted. I e-mailed a picture of it to Brian's Mom and she suggested taking him to the ER with the fear that throughout the night it may continue to swell and he won't be able to pee. It was huge, friends, huge. It looked like a huge red intertube underneath the head of the penis, it was not right. LUCKILY, by the Grace of God, there was NO WAIT at the emergency room. Crazy, huh? They diagnosed it as a severe yeast infection caused by the antibiotics he is on, prescribed a cream, checked his ears (one is still infected) and sent us on our merry way! Today, it's much better! It's still really red, but it's much smaller! I love this boy.

4 Comments:

  • At 5/13/2006 10:18:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    great pictures Beth.. You Anna looks a lot like you.. You can see it more with your thinner face. She is a beauty like her Mama. Poor Noah.. That must have been scary.. That little boy has been through soooo much since getting sick.. I can't wait to here that he is all better and a 100% healthy. Keep us updated

     
  • At 5/13/2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    Oh my! There is just never a dull moment, is there?!? I'm glad Noah is Ok--but isn't he experiencing the world's longest ear infection??

    The pictures are great--keep 'em coming :-)

     
  • At 5/15/2006 09:03:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    I just love black and whites...and of course your beautiful kids in black and white. :) I love all their expressions. So sweet and innocent and full of life. Love it!

    I can't even tell you how glad I am that Noah is feeling MUCH better! He is so sweet...even with all that going on. He really has such a great attitude towards everything.

    You and Brian are doing everything PERFECTLY...you have perfect kids.

    Hugs sweetie! Hope your feeling better and you know I am ALWAYS here for you.

    LOVE YA!

     
  • At 5/15/2006 03:14:00 PM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Holy cow. I can't believe a yeast infection got so bad. Poor, poor Noah. BJ had a yeast infection when he was an infant, but not nearly that bad. It was miserable too, so I can imagine how you felt. Poor Bethie.

    The pictures are fabulous! Your kids are so photogenic and beautiful. Always sooooo happy!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting