Wednesday, May 24, 2006

AI Review

Like I could blog tonight and not mention American Idol. I am so impressed with the season finale. I was completely entertained the ENTIRE two hours. Was it really two hours? It flew by. I loved ALL of the special guests, especially Prince. I almost peed my pants! (seriously, I had to pee but I was holding it, way too lazy to pause the show and go.) I knew it was him right away and I was in denial until the first close up. It was awesome! I loved Mary J. Blige, but I was very much hoping it would be Bono. I told Brian "if Bono shows up I swear I'll have a stroke!" Then the "curtain" opened and I threw my hands against my face...it was Mary, I was a little disappointed, but that's okay, Mary J. was at the Oprah show when I was there in February, I enjoyed her performance. The Clay Aiken moment with that CREEP CREEPY CREEPY guy singing was so stinkin' hilarious. I had to replay his reaction, but forward through his creepiness. And my hat is off to Chris for not only sounding amazing but looking amazing. You are the wind beneath my wings. In the end, when Katharine and Taylor were singing "I had the time of my life," I couldn't help but picture Chris singing and dancing merrily to that and I have to say I was a little grateful for his early dismissal, seeing him sing the melody would have been wrong, a sin.
Produce that album Chris, I'll be sure to buy it...or at least copy it from the library.

3 Comments:

  • At 5/25/2006 06:38:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I so agree with all of it, although I am not a big Prince fan. I LOVED the way Taylor and Kat handled themselves in the end. She looked very happy for Taylor. His last song was amazing the way he thanked everyone and still stayed with the music! I was thinking that Chris sounded the best he ever has. I loved him with Live, although I admit, I had no idea who they were. The whole thing was really good. I thought I would fall asleep with my awful headache but I made it through!! Way to Go Taylor!!!

     
  • At 5/25/2006 08:17:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    Ok I am bad.. I didn't enjoy the show much and I fastwarded through most of it.. Taylor did a good job. Chris did amazing but I am biased since he was the reason i watched the show pasted the auditions.

    I am going to show when it comes local to me on July 6..

     
  • At 5/25/2006 02:58:00 PM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    Here are a few comments from a review that I found quite fitting. I couldn't have put it better myself:
    "Kevin Covais seemed very out of place with the rest of the men. Surrounded by contestants a decade older than he was, he looked like somebody’s kid brother who wandered onstage and was given a microphone. Uh, Mary J. Blige, the FCC is on the phone. Something about your outfit. And Malibu Barbie wants her sunglasses back. Is that how Clay Aiken dresses now that he’s a big star? He resembled a college freshman coming back to impress the high school girls at homecoming. And do they not have hair stylists in North Carolina? He looked like a giant Swiffer." (by Craig Berman,a writer in Washington, D.C.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting