Friday, May 26, 2006

Generically speaking (is that a word?)

On Wednesday, the kids and I went to Wal-Mart for a few midweek staples. One of the items on the list was Cascade dishwasher detergent, I even had a coupon. I pushed the semi-trailer 2 seater grocery cart to the detergents when I noticed how much cheaper the generic brand of dishwasher detergent was in comparison to Cascade, even with the coupon. We are talking over one dollar difference. In fact, I noticed the off brand was laughing at my coupon, laughing and saying "if you buy Cascade, you're an IDIOT." Well, I didn't want to be an idiot, so I bought the cheaper brand and guess what? My dishes are dirty. There are many things that I buy the off brand, for instance, I think Target brand diapers are the bomb and the diaper wipes. Contact solution, applesauce, cereal and some paper towels I will try and buy the off brand. However, there are some items I will not change, like my coffee. My dear husband once tried to trick me by switching the off brand into my Folgers can. That went over like a whore in church. Needless to say he knew how serious that offense was when a police officer showed up at our door wanting to arrest him for fraud, not to mention the trust issues that resulted in. But we've moved forward. I think.

Somethings are great, somethings are not, somethings work just the same. Too bad it cost money to figure it out.

Oh and P.S. I rinse every dish before placing it in the dishwashwer. It's not me, it's the soap.

4 Comments:

  • At 5/26/2006 11:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm that way about eco-friendly, organic stuff. The difference in cost is worth it to me. I think it drives Rich nuts. :)

     
  • At 5/26/2006 12:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Take it back and get your money back

     
  • At 5/26/2006 06:10:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    Definitely get your $$ back.

    And BTW--the coffee trick, you know Bri comes by that genetically, right?!?!
    (I've done it a time or two myself....:-) )

    Oh--and I'm currently using Meijer brand DW soap and it's fine, should you find yourself there and needing soap at some point....

     
  • At 5/31/2006 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Christy M. said…

    Whore in church. My diet coke went up my nose on that one. There are somethings I will not compromise on either: Razors, toliet paper, mac n cheese, pop tarts. Need I say more? You bring the fakes into my house and your facing sleeping out in the shed buddy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting