Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Nesting for my sister?

A few weeks ago, my pregnant sister (who is now 39 weeks and 1 day preggo) and I were talking on the phone when she mentioned that she thought nesting was an old wives tale. I believe it was two days later that she started nesting. She cleaned everything and didn't stop until she finished a baby quilt that she had started over three years ago. She was a pregnant, cleaning F-5 tornado that lasted a good 2-3 days. I secretly prayed she would stop, only because I feared she would collapse. She did stop, she didn't collapse and her house is in much better order now.

It's been a few weeks and I think I'm starting to nest myself. I don't believe it's any type of sisterly instinct or anything like that, I am just nesting. I have cleaned things that I have never cleaned before. I am hosting my Mommy's Group tonight, (which essentially excites me most because I can drink all I want), so I am in cleaning mode trying to prepare my house, but I've hosted before, and this time is different, it's not your basic cleaning. In fact, it's the basic cleaning I have yet to complete! Just to give you an idea, I've pulled out my refrigerator and cleaned underneath it, and the sides of the fridge and the walls, anything having to do with my refrigerator has been cleaned. I could list 12 other things I have cleaned like that (just ask Brian) but I don't want to bore you with the details. (just ask Brian, again.)

But do you know what? I freakin' love that Mr. Clean Dry Eraser. Don't let it limit you to just crayons. Oh no, I'm certain I'm going to use it in the garage next. It's God in a sponge. (or whatever it's made of) It laughs at stains and makes them cry. Our house was built (by a builder who we are sure spent his days in a drunken stupor while building our house) in 2003. Around my kitchen window, the one above my sink, there has been a plaster stain on the white trim of the window. I love the window, but no matter how much I have scrubbed, that stain would not come out. Until God in a Sponge (or whatever it's made of) came into it's presence. Yep, without any elbow grease at all, the stain came right up. It's a wonderful, beautiful thing.

4 Comments:

  • At 7/25/2006 09:07:00 AM, Blogger Lynette3boys said…

    My life would not be the same without the miracle magic eraser sponge a.k.a. "God in a sponge." That has been the best invention yet for cleaning. You probably have the cleanest fridge I've ever seen. Come clean mine. Last night Carson got into the fridge and turned the knob on my wine-in-a-box in which it sprayed forcefully pretty much everywhere. I tried to lick, I mean mop up as much as I could, but it is under the frige which I can't move for the life of me. Wine going to waste - such a shame! Ugh!

    Can't wait to come over for Mommy's group tonight!

     
  • At 7/25/2006 03:53:00 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    I also soooo love that eraser. I used it when it first came out on all my walls. When you have a big dog slime and drool are bound to stick to it when the shake the way they do. I just used it again before Emma's birthday. I had hesitated because it was essentially Jake on my walls, but I just couldn't let people in with the walls looking that bad.

    I use it on my white doors, woodwork, light switched, heck anything I can. It really is the best cleaning item I have found.

    Have a great night tonight. Drink lots!

     
  • At 7/26/2006 08:07:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    You are just plain CRAZY!!!! What is up with the crazy cleaning?? Is there such thing as sympathy sister nesting? LOL!! I don't know how you do it with 2 kids. You are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I will take you to Disney if you come do that for me. LOL!

    You know I bought that eraser long time ago and have not used it yet....try to break it out. It does seem like a miracle sponge.

    Lynette....LMAO ABOUT LICKING THE WINE!!! OMG! too funny!!!

    I hope you had a BLAST at Mommy's group. Can't wait to hear all about it. And side note....COMPLETELY JEALOUS!!

    Did I mention to tell Sarah to pop that baby out?? Not like she isn't sitting there going...GOD IF I COULD I WOULD!!!!!!! Get her out!!! hahhhaha!!!

     
  • At 7/26/2006 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Penny said…

    Mr Clean Eraser is amazing.. it really is..
    quite an amazing this it is.

    Hope you had a good night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting