Sunday, July 09, 2006

Stars & Stripes Forever

(whoa...two posts in one day.)
So what if my Independence Day post is one week late...better late than never! I'm sharing our Fourth of July pictures. we took the kids to a parade. Once we finally started watching it, Noah was not happy and he was ready to leave. Anna, on the other hand, loved the parade. We accidentally sat at the end of the parade route, so where the parade was supposed to start at 11am, it started at 11:45am and by then all of the performers were tired and well...didn't perform. But, luckily we got to hear 30 minutes of sirens. that was great. (Anna calls sirens "aliens.")

Our fourth was VERY quiet. We went to the parade, had lunch at my Mom's house and then we went home and stayed there all night. We cleaned the garage, mowed the lawn, I mulched, we ate pasta, gave baths and then it was bedtime. Noah, who is turning into his mother, has an incredible fear of fireworks. Terrible...don't even say the word because the kid will go into frenzy running all over the place until he lands in your arms. It's crazy because we were so close to some in June, and he was fine at first and then suddenly he realized he could be scared, so he was....very strange. As a child, I was absolutely terrified when it came to fireworks. TERRIFIED. I would go hysterical when my family would light them off outside. I thought for sure someone would die, I feared them so much. I have one memory in particular, where my Dad was outside lighting fireworks for my five other siblings while I was inside screaming, clinging to my Mom. The funny part is that it was daylight outside and I was still that stinkin' scared.
This year, on the 4th, when it got dark, Anna and I shared a chair and a blanket in our front yard and we watched the fireworks going off in the neighborhood, while Noah slept peacefully. Daddy came out and stood by us. Anna said "Daddy, will you hold my hand," and he did. It was very nice.



Happy to be at the parade!

Happy to be holding an umbrella...not so happy to be at a parade.



Happy with her umbrella, too! (my Mom!)

A woman came by and gave Anna a head piece with ribbons attached to it! She loves it! She still wears it almost every day!

My McDreamies



gotta love parade toys.



My favorite part of the parade.



Anna's favorite part.

Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 7/10/2006 06:26:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    It looks like it was a good time! The second to the last picture of Anna made me laugh. (Such a lady!) In one of the pictures she looks like a hippie with her ribbons hanging down. I love seeing the American Flag.

    Glad it was a good day.

     
  • At 7/10/2006 08:23:00 AM, Blogger Penny said…

    ok I didn't ever realize but you look a lot like your mom.. :) great pictures.

     
  • At 7/10/2006 03:03:00 PM, Blogger Mich said…

    So really, if you could find a zoo with a parade, then Anna could watch the parade and Noah could look at the animals and everyone could be happy?!?!

     
  • At 7/11/2006 08:22:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Ok...I posted to this already but it is lost somewhere. grrrr!

    The parade definitely sounds fun. I am glad the kids liked it for the most part.

    Awwww poor Noah!! Its so funny how he is so afraid of them just like you were. I looooove fireworks...I don't know what I would do if Colin didn't. LOL! Gabby doesn't like them either...she is really afraid.

    And that shirt Anna is wearing is the same one I got Gabby! LOL! I love it!! Its sooooo cute!

    Glad you all had a nice 4th!!! :)

     
  • At 7/12/2006 07:10:00 AM, Blogger Goodies for Mom said…

    I'm still nervous at fireworks. There was an incident this year in a nearby town where a bunch of people got hurt and these are professionals. I'd freak if my family was in the backyard doing it themselves. Ryan and Matthew both loved them though and I was worried because Ryan is suddenly afraid of loud noices. Go figure.

    Lois

     
  • At 7/12/2006 11:29:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Heehee... at least you posted about your fourth! My pics are stuck on my disabled laptop :(

    Your kids are gorgeous! I always say that, and I do mean it!!! The parade looks like it was really nice! Love that picture with the huge American flag!

    I have recently begun to appreciate fireworks. Like Noah, Brooklyn was absolutely terrified this year. She watched a DVD in the van the entire time!

     
  • At 7/12/2006 11:31:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said…

    Oh, and Brooklyn loved the big Dora inflatable when I showed her earlier!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting