Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Time

Where does time go? I know everybody has those moments where you look down at your children and can't believe that these walking, talking little humans belong to you. Or, you look up at your face and you can't believe that those wrinkles belong to you. Time goes by so fast, before our eyes. Tonight, I was reading Anna her nighttime story. It was a special book that Daddy had just bought for her. He took Anna and Noah to Wal-Mart tonight to pick up a few items and he bought them books. Anna's book is a Cinderella book. It's big and shiny and beautiful and she loves it. Loves. It.

I was about to read it to her when I honestly saw her life flash before me. I thought, we just brought you home from the hospital. You were so tiny. Now you can go poop on your own, tell me when your knee hurts and tell me that you're in charge with your hands on your hips. How did this happen? Not to mention that she understands flavors and scents and talk about them all of the time. Recently, I was putting a pony tail into her hair, she sits in the bathroom sink and she said, while covering her nose and looking annoyed, "what's the smell?" I said " I don't know. What is that smell?" (I really didn't know) She said "it smells like sandwiches."

And Noah is no exception. This child continues to blow me away with his development. He has changed SO much over the course of the past months. This morning, while eating breakfast, I asked Noah if he was done eating. He said "almost." "Can I have more blueberries?" what?!?! Did you just say almost? and you want more blueberries. Okay, yes. whatever you want. My darling, brilliant beautiful amazing child that was created and born and grew up all of a sudden. Anything you want.






3 Comments:

  • At 7/13/2006 06:44:00 AM, Blogger Tracy said…

    It is very scary. I can't believe that Emma is turning 5 on Sunday. FIVE!!! How on earth did that happen?? Timmy, well it is evident from my pictures on the blog that he has grown faster than I wanted him to.

    I find it all so bittersweet!

     
  • At 7/13/2006 07:27:00 AM, Blogger Sara T said…

    Its so true...so true. Sigh. Time flies by WAY WAY WAY too quickly. I love every new stage and look forward to Colin's future..but miss all the old stages at the same time.

     
  • At 7/15/2006 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Mich said…

    Truly, where have the past 3 1/2 yrs gone?!?! And humans are the slowest of all creatures to mature....I wonder how the mama bear feels?!?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting